“Yellow Flame is the Name!!!”

Wink Capsule Hostel
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I had an awesome 2 nights stay at yellow flame dormitory type room for ladies! I love my personal space even though it's a shared room. Key card works well and I so love the "pass the soap" concept. I survived my stay without spending a penny on toiletries. Toilets are well maintained and receptionist are very accommodating on my requests. It feels like a five star hotel accommodation at an affordable price! Superb!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I'm travelling for a couple months and although I normally use private rooms I decided to give Wink a try as the cost was so reasonable compared to hotels here and I was only staying for 3 nights.

Easy enough to find, close to Chinatown MRT. In fact, it was a great location for exploring. Clarke Quay, Raffles, Marina Bay and the Gardens by the Bay are all easily reached on foot but if you want to use the MRT it is a great service and inexpensive.

I was in a ten pod mixed dorm but I think only about half were occupied and all male.
My lower level pod was relatively clean, bed was comfortable and the curtain added a good level of privacy. Air conditioning worked ok, just a little noisy. A large security locker under the bed was big enough to take my large holdall. Plus you can only get into your dorm with your security card.

The reception staff were all friendly and helpful.

A certain amount of noise as you'd expect in any hostel but mainly from the security door and the lockers being shut. Otherwise, I slept really well and the other guests were mostly considerate.

They did a free basic breakfast, toast, fruit, tea, coffee etc. I only had the bananas though so can't comment on the rest!

The bathroom upstairs was reasonably clean although some of the toilets could do with some deep cleaning. Nice hot powerful showers and you can rent a towel from them for 2 dollars. The bathroom could get a bit too warm though later in the day.

Overall and especially in terms of value for money in Singapore, if you're happy to stay in a hostel environment then give it a try.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

First off I gave this place a 3 because of the sleep we got. We got a double occupancy pod. Which was super cute and clean. Only problem... we had the top bunk and at night it gets super hot!! So the whole night was very uncomfortable. We talked to our friends that stayed in the single pods and the ones that stayed on the top bunk had the same problem. Also not made for tall people. So if you plan on staying here make sure you get a bottom bunk. For cleanliness I give them a 5! Such a cute hostel! Location I give it a 5! Walking distance to everything.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2017

I stayed at Wink hostel for one night before leaving Singapore. Although the price is quite expensive for the hostel, I really enjoy the stay as the cleanliness, decent facilities, friendly atmosphere and staffs and the location. It is located in the heart of the city, in the Chinatown and very close to the MRT Chinatown station just only 3-5 min walk.

Pros : great location / clean / nice & informative & helpful staffs

Cons : a bit expensive / wifi can be a bit unstable in some spots

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2016

book the whole room of 8 beds as I travel with large group. The beds are clean, the hot shower pressure is also nice especially after a long walk during the day. The location of this hostel is great. Near to MRT station and lots of foods joint.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends