Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
SAVE US$16
Hotels.comUS$66
Trip.comUS$52
Expedia.comUS$66
All reviews rooftop pool katong mall parkway parade changi airport front desk staff boutique hotel bus stop walking distance short stay mrt station deluxe room eateries shopping stopover bathtub ms staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2020

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in Oct from 14-17. Decided to book direct with the hotel because being a hotelier myself Id like for the hotel to not pay any commission to 3rd party OTA websites and also sometimes there might be a better deal too!

Cons first because no stay is ever perfect right?

1) Dealt with Jimmy from Reservations and to be honest he was a tad rude and unhelpful, I just asked him if there were any pricematching and if there was a better deal and he cut me off stating if Im not happy with the rate I can book it through a 3rd party OTA website. Geesh not a fantastic start (Please retrain him to be nicer to customers or get him to learn from your Front Office or housekeeping staff who were all really quite nice! In the end spoke to Christine who was the Front Office manager or HOD and got a good deal for 3 rooms!
I requested for an early checkin for my room as being the BDAY girl I had much to prepare and transport to my room to set up, asp my instructions the staff was supposed to call me when the room was ready, but apparently I was forgotten till I called back myself at 1130am and guess what the room was ready already and it was all set up at 1030am!! TBH I was a bit annoyed at the staff Mery for overlooking but thank goodness after that she seemed to improve and she was really nice if not a bit forgetful..
I checked in around 12 plus, set up all my things and the rest of the staycay was pretty nice and relaxing except for the walls were really thin. I could hear very clearly what the next room was doing but not a big issue. Except for when it came to my actual BDAY celebration, We were informed by the Front Office that we were noisy at 915pm!! I was a bit irked as by Singapore Law and based on my many years of experience staying at various hotels, all guests should lower their volumes by 10pm, sadly the hotel sided with the other guest which disappointed me greatly, On top of that my aircon stopped working at 1pm and no matter what I did the room was very hot and stuffy but I tolerated this as I was checking out soon thus coz of these 3 experiences I ranked this hotel not 5 but 4 stars only..

Now for the pros of this stay!

1) Room 203 even if it is a physically challenged room or handicapped room as some hotels may state in their websites, it has a bathtub and the fridge well the minibar was exceptionally cold which was awesome esp since I had to chill so many drinks!
2) Room aircon was nice and cold at 16 degrees which was the perfect temperature for me!
3) The beds were super comfy and pillows nice and fluffy this I never had any difficulty sleeping!
4) Most staff were nice EXCEPT Jimmy special mentions and huge thanks to Christine for arranging the rooms to be on the same floor and near each other as well as loaning me extra chairs/ Phang and Hong from Housekeeping who helped me to carry my whole box of drinks and for being so very helpful/ Jiaying from Front Office who was very helpful in answering all my questions on one of those nights I called in to check on some facilities in the hotel/ Sam also from Front Office for being very accommodating with my friends and for being very hospitable and lastly Mery whom I will forgive for forgetting to call me back because she is a pretty nice person too!
5) Location was perfect for me coz I am a huge foodie and this hotel is within walking distance to all the yummy Foodie Haunts and only 15-20 min stroll to the beach for a wonderful sunrise or sunset!
6) Lastly another pro of this property is they have a pool on the top floor which is simply amazing because the hotel is a 3 star hotel or a boutique hotel!

All in All Id rate this whole experience an 8 out of 10 and would highly recommend this to anyone who would like a relaxing staycation in Katonmg/ East Coast Area!

Room tip: 203 is nice if you dont mind having bars in the bathroom/ 202/201 is at the corner so quieter
Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank HHSGAL
Santa Grand Hospitality, Other at Santa Grand Hotel East Coast (SG Clean and Staycation Approved), responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Dear Guest,

We are thankful that you choose Santa Grand Hotel for your stay. Thank you for the compliment and comments, we will try our best to improve our shortcomings. We look forward to seeing you again and will always have your needs as our highest priority.

Reviewed 12 October 2020

I recently stayed at the Santa Grand as I had to attend a US based virtual bootcamp. Given the time zone difference, I knew I wouldn't get any rest at home so decided to do myself a favour and check in to a hotel.

Jimmy from Room Reservation was very kind in making sure I had everything I needed. From an internet cable in the room (just in case the wifi wasn't working as well as I wanted) to making sure I had a room in a 'quiet' area - it was basically a corner room so when the bootcamp was going on in the middle of the night, I wasn't disturbing other guests.

Apart from that, the hotel is located in a charming area of Katong. It's lovely to walk down the tiled pavements, admiring the Peranakan heritage that is prevalent in the architecture of the area.

Finding a meal isn't a problem at all. From being out early in the morning to grab a croissant and coffee at Brains and Brawns cafe, or the Micro Bakery at Red House down the road which had fantastic cooked breakfasts; to grabbing a quick chicken rice from Boon Tong Kee or having an authentic pad thai at AROI Thai for dinner.

It was intense working for those 3 nights, but staying at the Santa Grand made me feel I was on a mini holiday.
I am so grateful to Jimmy and the team of friendly and professional staff who made my stay very enjoyable and productive!

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Lynette L
Santa Grand Hospitality, Other at Santa Grand Hotel East Coast (SG Clean and Staycation Approved), responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Dear Ms Lynette,

We are thankful that you choose Santa Grand Hotel for your stay. Thank you for the compliment and comments. We look forward to seeing you again and will always have your needs as our highest priority.

Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

The hotel is clean and housekeeping is also good. It has a very nice rooftop pool but it is not very big. During this pandemic period, you will need to register with the recep before you can use the pool as it cannot has more than 5 persons each time. Pool is nice and good for swimming but a thing to note if you are looking for kids pool or slide. There is no such play area if you are looking for it. Not a concern for us as my kids are there to swim.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. When they saw that my girl has cut herself and bleeding profusely, the staff has promptly assisted in cleaning the wound. When he saw my girl the next morning, he offered to help to clean the wound for her again. Thumbs up for the service staff!

However, an improvement area for the hotel is probably to have a proper first aid kit. The staff needed to comb thru the supply to find basic dettol and normal plaster. Perhaps a more well sufficient first aid kit would be good to invest in.

Wrt location, though it is not connected via mrt, there are quite a lot of restaurants around. There are different types and varieties of good food to choose from.
For anyone who are driving, the number of parking lots are very limited (about 4 or 5 lots). It will not be reserved too, once you drive out, you will run the risk of not getting it back later on. And you will need to find public parking lot to park.

Overall, it will recommend this hotel to those who has good food nearby.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jasmineg252
Santa Grand Hospitality, Other at Santa Grand Hotel East Coast (SG Clean and Staycation Approved), responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Dear Jasmineg252,

Thank you for choosing as your staycation choice!

We are sorry to hear that your girl had cut herself during her stay with us. Thank you for bringing to our attention that our first aid kit is not properly replenished. We have shared your feedback to our operations team to ensure the First Aid kit are checked consistently. We agreed that is a great invest on the items in the event of emergency.

Our Team are glad that their local hospitality touch are being recognized during your stay with us. We hope to be of service you and your family again.

Stay Safe, Stay Strong!

From Team Santa Grand East Coast

Reviewed 4 April 2020

We stayed in the hotel for 13 nights. The room was basic but comfortable and the maid service very good. Without doubt the front desk staff was a shining example to other hotels. They were polite, friendly, helpful and engaging. Nothing was too much trouble and I would recommend this hotel to any traveller.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank peterkelly1
Santa Grand Hospitality, Other at Santa Grand Hotel East Coast (SG Clean and Staycation Approved), responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2020

Dear M/M Kelly,

Thank you for this great review!

We are very glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the compliment and comments,
Please do visit our hotel website santagrand.sg for any promotion.

Reviewed 31 March 2020

Well located in Katong, it is near many interesting attractions and amenities.
Service is prompt.
Room is clean.
Gven a window room , it has never been difficult during my 14 days of mandatory isolation.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank hun l
Santa Grand Hospitality, Other at Santa Grand Hotel East Coast (SG Clean and Staycation Approved), responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this great review!

We are very glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again and book directly via our revamp website for any promo deals.
Looking forward to be of service to you again. Please do visit our hotel website santagrand.sg for any promotion.

Team Santa Grand Hotels Beyond Boutique,