“A new Favourite and the Best of Little India”
Review of Mustard

Mustard
Ranked #386 of 12,351 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little India
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I live in Little India and have eaten my fair share of curries and prata roti. This place is superior to the rest.

We ordered fish tikka to begin with, which was succulent and served with a zesty coriander sauce.
For main course, their signature prawn masala curry and creamy dhal were magnificent. Creamy, fresh and full of spice. I can still taste the cumin!

The roti bread was a little disappointing as it was burnt and hard on the underside. Next time I would order rice rather than bread, or stick with just naan.

Altogether an excellent meal and I would go here again, above all other Indian restaurants in the area. A new firm favourite!

1  Thank sarapk

Reviewed 20 November 2017

The place is rather small, but it has a large number of option of either Bengali or Punjabi cuisine. I was there with 4 friends and everybody was pleased with the food (taste and appearance). I got a Bengali curry and it was delicious.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

People who know Bengali and Punjabi cuisine well, know that Mustard is definitely at the top of the game. I have been going to this place for years now and it has been an absolute delight each time.

Their mustard fish is as authentic as it gets and is really really delicious with plain steamed rice.

You can also try some of the vegetarian options like fried egg plants or potatoes (called bhajas) or the okra.

Their mutton vindaloo is another winner. In fact I have a few friends from India who can’t wait to get this mutton every time they visit. Their koshe manghsha (mutton cooked in bengali style) is amazing too.

Service is lovely with attentive staff, who are happy to explain various dishes and share recommendations.

It is a rather cozy outfit and hard to get tables, so getting a reservation in advance is recommended.

Can’t recommend this place enough.. a must visit!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The ambience, silverware and deco was good.
Service was so & so, we had to wait one hour for food.
I ordered naan and aloo gobi, I was NOT informed that naan contained eggs, despite the emphasized that I am vegetarian, but the waiter took no notice of it. Until I wanted to order another naan, that when he advised all naan contains egg. Aloo gobi was not tasty at all, it was bland. Overall experience was not that fantastic, basically one is paying for the ambience and not the food.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We had the boneless mutton dish which was excellent - the meat was tender and the thick gravy was extremely flavorful. The Chana dal with potato crisps was delicious as well. Good to have roomali rotis after a long time . It’s a small restaurant and tends to get a bit noisy . Will probably visit it again.