“Clean Comfortable City Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Tauranga
“Clean Comfortable City Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Most polite staff on the front counter and concierge. In particular Azrul is a wonderful ambassador for your City Guru desk. Paulo in the restaurant was superb and kind to my wife and really went out of his way to help her.
My only small 'gripe', is that a hotel room with two people in it, should have TWO chairs and TWO luggage racks. I had to request these and some delay in getting them.
Extremely comfortable bed and the size is unbelievable (above Californian King) with an excellent pillow menu.

• Stayed April 2017, travelled as a couple
SoPiotr, General Manager at SO Sofitel Singapore, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Kotuku123,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful feedback following your stay with us. It is with great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay here in overall.

I would like to thank you for your kind words for our Ambassadors, I will certainly share with the entire team, especially Azrul and Paulo. This will certainly motivate them to improve and strive for excellence. Please accept my deepest apologies for the shortfall you have experienced, your opinion is very important to us and we will take your suggestion into serious consideration.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

SO Sofitel Singapore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

What a wonderful hotel to stay. The location is perfect on for food junkies facing the Lau Pa Sat but quite a distance to large shopping centres. I probably had a room with the worst view but it was still a fantastic room. The staff are the most efficient of any I have encountered at any of the top hotels worldwide I have been lucky enough to stay at.

What makes the hotel special? Simply the staff. The service was at the very top of what you would expect from a luxury establishment in fact the staff go the extra mile and offer a personal service that is exemplary. I struggle to compare the service, perhaps Le Meurice is Paris, the Peninsular in Los Angeles or the Hotel Du Cap Eden Roc in Antibes offer a comparable service and professionalism of staff. So we are talking about a hotel whose staff are right at the very top of their game. Very,very impressive. They are very personable and remember your name even walking through the hotel especially H.U.Z who met all my expectations during my stay. I would describe him as crème de la crème of all the hotelier in Singapore that I know of.

The rooftop infinity pool is to die for and the adjoining High So has a cool vibe and a must for an evening cocktail. The rooms are very stylish with every modern amenity you could want. The hotel is not huge but grand at the same time with plenty of food options around the vicinity. I personally would never stay anywhere else when visiting Singapore.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff called H.U.Z all the things you need to find out.
  • Stayed April 2017, travelled on business
2 Thank James_AnAm
SoPiotr, General Manager at SO Sofitel Singapore, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear James_AnAm,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful feedback following your stay. It has been a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for highlighting the location of the SO Sofitel Singapore, being in the Central Business District of Singapore, we are indeed closely connected to major city’s attraction. Also, your kind words towards our Ambassadors will be shared to the entire team, especially Huz.

Once again, I would like to thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will have the honor of welcoming you back for another SO Magnifique stay.

Dili
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed with family for 1 night and then 3 nights in April 2017. Very cool hotel with nice rooftop bar. The staff are fabulous and very helpful with anything you may need. Best hotel breakfast I have a had a while too - yummy Eggs Benedict and croissants!! You won't be disappointed with a stay here!

• Stayed April 2017, travelled with family
Dear Simon W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I appreciate your positive feedback; we aim to provide a friendly, intuitive and personalized service.

Thank you for highlighting the buffet breakfast selection at Xperience, I will certainly share your kind words with the team which will surely motivate us to continue to serve with excellence.

Again, thank you for your complementary note and we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Best Regards from SO,

Anglesea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

If we are in Singapore for down town things. This is our favourite. A small hotel. Great staff. Better value for money than many in Singapore. The little restaurant does great food and staff always attentive.

Stayed April 2017, travelled as a couple
Dear Angleseateam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It has been a pleasure to learn that we are your favorite boutique luxury hotel.

Your compliments about Xperience Restaurant are greatly appreciated and our Ambassadors are honored by your acknowledgment.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Lion City!
Best Regards from SO,

Wagga Wagga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is exactly what you need when you have a break between two long stints in an aeroplane. We were warmly greeted at reception and even given a free sample of perfume when I commented on how nice the foyer smelled. This gave us a hint of their attention to detail.
The rooms were luxurious, again with so many details like I phones and iPads to control the opening of curtains,lights, temperature and TVs, and even quirky hand sculptures to hang towels. We slept soundly in the comfortable beds.
We loved the buffet breakfast and the positive way the staff interacted with us.
This hotel is designed to impress the cool people, but we two grey baby boomers will be coming back for more.

Stayed April 2017, travelled as a couple
SoPiotr, General Manager at SO Sofitel Singapore, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Alison J,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback following your stay. It has been a pleasure reading your feedback, learning that you have enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for highlighting one of our key features namely the automated iPad Room Control. Also, I am delighted to hear that you have appreciated the modern design of our hotel rooms especially the quirky hand sculptures, designed by Karl Lagerfeld.

Also, I would like to thank you for the kind words towards our Ambassadors. Our commitment is to provide only the best quality of services and products to our valued guests. I will certainly share this with the entire team and it will surely motivate them to further improve and strive for excellence.