The location is second to none, unless you really need to be near the water or in the dead centre of the CBD. Easy access to multiple shopping centres and Bugis MRT station.
This stay was a last minute booking (business trip) and the InterCon was by far the best value amongst the usual competition. The only downside that came along with that is the fact that (as others have pointed out), a large number of the rooms are on the third floor of the shopping complex, and if your room faces inward, you may be inconvenienced by the noise emanating from shoppers / diners in the mall. Importantly, the noise stops at 10pm when the malls closes and the curtains are quite thick which do seem to drown out some of the din.
Staff was excellent, accommodating and friendly. Would absolutely go back, even if stuck on the third floor again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury landmark set in the heart of a historic precinct, InterContinental Singapore is deeply rooted in the heritage of the arts and cultural districts of Bugis and Bras Basah. Positioned in close proximity to established historical enclaves including Arab Street, Kampong Glam and Little India, InterContinental Singapore is also conveniently located next to Bugis Junction shopping complex, Singapore's first glass-covered air-conditioned shopping street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Intercontinental