When I come to Singapore I really enjoy staying at this hotel for many reasons - Its a great facility that is really charming and warm. Blends the modern and history really well. The pool facilities are great for individuals or families, the restaurants are very tasty (all be it expensive but its a hotel). It has a decent 24 hour room service menu that comes quickly. Its a great location with a shopping mall attached to it and a ton of restaurants around it. Internet is also fast which is great for business users (10M up and down so Video conference from room actually works :-) ) - At night its a little quiet and probably not great if you are just coming for shopping (pick something closer to Orchard Road) but for business its very central and short taxi rides to anyplace. The rooms are very spacious generally (make sure you understand the different between their Heritage Rooms which are a little further way and take time to get to and the tower rooms. Most of the rooms have just been redone as well so updated and nice. The service of the staff is fantastic and having afternoon tea or drink in the lobby area is a great experience. So with all of this, why did I rate it as Very good versus Excellent. Two items - one - I am a IHG Platinum member and generally breakfast is always included in hotels with status, but this one - they always want about $30.00 a night to add it - not sure it is worth it and its very hard when booking on line to sometimes know if its included or not and two, the pricing of the hotel has started to creep into the premium area and not sure its at that level. I have stayed at other hotels in the same category for cheaper. Overall if you get a good deal, understand the add ons, its an awesome hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury landmark set in the heart of a historic precinct, InterContinental Singapore is deeply rooted in the heritage of the arts and cultural districts of Bugis and Bras Basah. Positioned in close proximity to established historical enclaves including Arab Street, Kampong Glam and Little India, InterContinental Singapore is also conveniently located next to Bugis Junction shopping complex, Singapore's first glass-covered air-conditioned shopping street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Intercontinental