My wife and I have had stopovers in Singapore on four other occasions and we try a hotel in a different part of the city each time.
This time it was the InterContinental on Middle Road.
What a great choice with it's direct connection to Bugis Junction, with the associated shops and restaurants, makes shopping and eating much easier and it's proximity to Bugis MRT is also a plus.
All can be reached without having to go outside in the elements.
The room was extremely well presented, clean and with a really comfortable bed.
Best of all were the staff who were very professional and polite at all times.
I have to individually mention Concierge Josiah Gwee who gave my wife great assistance with some bookings and advice on where to go and the best way to get there.
A great stay and on our next stopover in September we will most likely break our routine and book the Intercontinental a second time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury landmark set in the heart of a historic precinct, InterContinental Singapore is deeply rooted in the heritage of the arts and cultural districts of Bugis and Bras Basah. Positioned in close proximity to established historical enclaves including Arab Street, Kampong Glam and Little India, InterContinental Singapore is also conveniently located next to Bugis Junction shopping complex, Singapore's first glass-covered air-conditioned shopping street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Intercontinental