We had a very enjoyable four-night stay at the InterContinental Singapore in April 2017.
We stayed in a Club Level room and our expectations of the Club Lounge service were exceeded. We got our value out of the Club experience with the breakfasts, afternoon teas and pre-dinner drinks and canapés. It can be easy to forget - when booking to stay somewhere like Singapore - that including costs like this in your accommodation might be cheaper in the long run (even if the price looks ridiculous when you are looking at booking).
The room was very clean and comfortable. Bed was fantastic. Bathroom was clean, although the shower was perhaps slightly outdated and due for an upgrade. One of the greatest things on offer in the room was a complimentary mobile phone (with data) with complimentary local phone calls. This was a lifesaver as we went around the city - it meant we weren't relying on our Australian roaming - and were able to Google or use maps as we would as if we were at home. I am not sure if this is available in all rooms - but it was a really nice touch and really helpful.
The standard of service from the staff (at all stages of our stay) was really impressive. A special shout-out to the Club Lounge team who were very accommodating and helpful. We were contacted ahead of our arrival and asked questions about our reason for travel, special needs etc.
Location wise - the hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the Bugis MRT station which is an intersection of two of the MRT lines. The MRT system is easy to use - and once you are on a line, it is easy to navigate your way to just about anywhere in the city area. Bugis was a convenient entry point to the MRT. There is quite a bit around within walking distance, but given the heat, probably easiest to get the MRT if you can.
The hotel pool was nice without being amazing. Clean and well-maintained. A nice way to end the hot days.
The hotel restaurant Ash & Elm was really nice - and they offer a discount to in-house guests.
A fantastic decision to have stayed here. We would do so again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury landmark set in the heart of a historic precinct, InterContinental Singapore is deeply rooted in the heritage of the arts and cultural districts of Bugis and Bras Basah. Positioned in close proximity to established historical enclaves including Arab Street, Kampong Glam and Little India, InterContinental Singapore is also conveniently located next to Bugis Junction shopping complex, Singapore's first glass-covered air-conditioned shopping street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Intercontinental