I have stayed at the Intercontinental in Singapore many times in the past few years, but hadn't stayed there for well over a year. I went back because they had finished a complete renovation of the hotel. And all I can say is fantastic. The newly renovated rooms, restaurants and lobby are really great. They have kept the sort of old-world charm in the rooms, but chosen beautiful decoration and made them very nice. The new lobby is also very nice as are the two restaurants.
The Club Lounge is also really nice. The staff there have always been really friendly and helpful - and that hasn't changed. Definitely recommend paying for club access if you can. If I have one small niggling complaint it's that there are sometimes a few too many children in the club lounge for my taste. But that isn't all the time (mostly breakfast) so don't let it put you off. The breakfast selection here is pretty wide so you can probably find everything you want. The afternoon tea is good for a quiet afternoon cup of tea / snack.
The other thing I will say is that the service level has also been vastly improved since I was last there. The previous management were not particularly helpful when there were issues. Now I find the team at the hotel responsive, attentive and really friendly.
The hotel is very well placed in Singapore - near business and tourist locations. Just on top of a pretty big mall if you need those amenities and an MRT station as well. Highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the fringe of Marina Bay precinct, InterContinental® Singapore is a luxury landmark deeply rooted in the heritage of the arts and cultural districts of Bugis and Bras Basah. Positioned in close proximity to established historical enclaves including Arab Street, Kampong Glam and Little India, InterContinental Singapore is also conveniently located next to Bugis Junction shopping complex, Singapore's first glass-covered air-conditioned shopping street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, IHG, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Intercontinental