3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$179
Trip.comUS$178
Expedia.comUS$179
eDreamsUS$179
Hotels.comUS$178
CheapTicketsUS$179
3,561 results
All reviews the executive lounge orchard road pool grill the crossroads excellent hotel platinum member shopping district ion orchard lounge access breakfast buffet mrt station high tea central location early check concierge tunas gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

We booked a large club room with access to the lounge. Even though it was almost full house during year end, the service was very good staff were polite and hopeful. The pool was not crowded and we had the whole pool to ourselves at one point. (This was a plus point as the previous 5 star hotel we had staycation was full of young kids whose parents were hogging the centre of the pool)

Love the gym too, it was also not crowded & pretty well equipped.

Room was spacious and bed very comfortable.

The executive club lounge was relocated to the 5th floor, a bit small & was only opened in the evening from 5:30-9:30pm. It was under staff as we had to order drinks and food from the staff. However, their attitudes were still good. The cocktail variety and quality were very good. Love the Singapore Sling, Pink Cadillac, Tequila sunrise & margarita. Highly recommended for those who are looking for a club lounge with good selection of drinks.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank aj_alicia
Reviewed 2 January 2021

We had our wedding banquet at Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel in November for 100 persons and it was a very lovely experience for us and our guests! Definitely a five-star wedding and one that our family and friends will fondly remember, in large part due to the service provided by Marriott.

Despite the late reservation due to the evolving COVID-19 restrictions, Hui San, Ismail, Leo, Desi, the chef, and the team were quick to understand our needs while adapting to the situation in a professional manner. Hui San was very responsive throughout the discussions and gave us assurance during the planning process.

The team created a pleasant experience for our guests, such as ensuring that the pre-event music and photo montage played smoothly, placing adequate zoning signs to meet safe distancing requirements, and taking in our feedback from food tasting. They were meticulous and attended to our last minute requests such as providing roasted peanuts before the banquet as a special touch for guests.

The ballroom decoration was also one of the prettiest we have seen across the hotels. Would definitely recommend Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel for a sweet and memorable wedding!!

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Maps411714
Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

My wife and I checked in on 31Dec2020 for a club lounge room. The process was smooth. And we absolutely loved Rose at reception who made us feel very welcome by holding meaningful conversation with us while we were checked in. I believe this Covid period, some 5-star hotels have become so methodical they forgot guests are human beings who like to have interaction and not just wait in silence for their room access cards.

Anyway thanks to Rose, we booked our slots for the gym and pool and after going to both, proceeded to the club lounge for our dinner and drinks. Again Rose was there to serve the guests and helped us with our order. The food was ok. The drinks were good. Somehow, despite the long line and being full house, the staff still made everyone happy with their no-fuss attentiveness. We left the lounge at 10.30pm feeling very satisfied.

Next morning’s breakfast had a line as well. Still we felt that staff like Makend were unfazed and kept telling us we should order more food as the portions are small. He made us feel well take care of

While the hardware has its issues - being one of the most long standing hotels in Singapore, the heartware, made up of attentive and friendly staff like Rose and Makend more than made up for it. I would say it has exceeded our expections and we would be back again very soon

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonyFromSingapore
Reviewed 30 December 2020

Hotel is in a great central location with many shops and restaurants easily accessible within a few minutes’ walk, especially the huge variety available within Tangs, Ion Orchard and Ngee Ann City. The Orchard MRT station is across the street and accessible by the underpass.
Check-in took a while cos there was quite a few waiting to be served but also because there were no clear signages/directions resulting in people cutting in to whichever queue was shorter. However, we were served by Mr Chi Hou and it worth the wait. Not only did this friendly and warm guy check us in quickly, he also got us the reservations we wanted at Wan Hao and Lobby Lounge for dinner and high-tea respectively. When he heard that we were having this staycation with a couple who hadn’t had a break in 5 years, he arranged for an upgrade of their room at no charge (wish he did the same for ours…heehee). Subsequently, our friends were also pleasantly surprised when they received red wine and pralines arranged by Ms Izzaty.
Even though the hotel has been around for a while, the room on the 29th floor was modernly furnished, spacious and clean. Room was quiet despite the hustle and bustle of heavy traffic on Scotts and Orchard Road. It was a regular bathroom with the usual amenities but it was great having the larger than usual bathtub to soak away our tired and achy muscles after a day of activity. Had to make a call to house-keeping for a change to the square-shaped make-up mirror with very sharp corners and they replaced it with a round one. The pillows were too soft for us and we regretted not asking for firmer ones till our third night there. Glad hotel has a nice pool and quite a well-equipped gym, and not crowded surprisingly.
Dinner at Wan Hao was a gastronomical delight and they had the 4 of us in a private little booth! The set dinner was served individually and had good-sized portions. The first 4 dishes were served in succession too quicky and only slowed when we pointed it out. Very glad that there was no corkage charged for the red wine we brought along. Will be back!
However, we were very disappointed with the high tea. While the bite-sized cakes and finger sandwiches looked nice and appetizing on the tiered trays, they lacked the finesse and taste that we were expecting from a 5-star hotel like Marriot. The cakes, quiche and bread were dry, sandwiches had slivers of cucumber and barely any spread. Even though we were dining indoors, we had to keep swatting away tiny flies and a larger one that kept buzzing around, landing occasionally on the tray when we weren’t as watchful! The only saving grace was the TWG teas that came with it.
Despite the hiccup, we enjoyed our time at the Marriot. Thank you!

Room tip: Higher floors facing Orchard Road
1  Thank EliadaKelvinLee
Reviewed 23 December 2020

At about 3pm yesterday, i went to Marriott Tang Plaza with my friend to have lunch.

When we reached, the cafe near the lobby on the ground floor was packed with people eating, drinking and getting merry since it was Christmas week.

It was hard to find a table next to the magnificent Christmas tree so i went to the crossroads cafe counter to ask if they could make a table for us next to a single girl by separating it.

A Chinese man wearing a suit and tie insisted we had to eat at a small corner behind the Java+ cafe counter, where plenty of people were crammed in.

As there were no seats outside and next to the tree, I grudgingly obliged. When I went over to get my friend to come over, coincidentally a table of patrons left.

I was happy and called my friend over to the table. When I went to the crossroads counter again, there was Mr Sinnasamy at the counter instead.

When I told Mr Sinnasamy that I found an empty table and would like to have my lunch there. He refused and said i can only dine at the same area where his Chinese colleague had pointed out earlier.

When I told him there were people there eating and had finished eating, he said I could only order drinks there. I said, "Fine."

When I went over to the table my friend was sitting at, I was very unhappy as the more I thought about what the Marriott staff said did not make any sense at all as people all around me were enjoying their meals and drinks.

I asked my friend who was Caucasian to order food and drinks. Lo and behold, he came back shortly and was able to order food and drinks easily without any unnecessary confrontation with the staff.

Shortly after, Mr Sinnasamy came over to clear the table full of dishes of food and drink leftover by the previous patrons.

At that moment, I was furious with Marriott hotel staff's "special treatment" towards me and hypocrisy towards other guests, my friend who is another race and male, versus me a Chinese female.

My heart was racing and I found it difficult to breathe as anger took over me.

The staff who served my friend Misty, a Filipina came over and asked me to put on my mask which I had briefly took off.

I said I will put it back on after I have a conversation with her colleague Mr Sinnasamy who promptly ran away from the table with the dishes.

I questioned Misty about her unfair biased treatment towards other guests in contrast to me which made her look clearly racist since she chose to serve food to my friend who is male and Caucasian and not me because I am Chinese and female.

She started getting overly defensive and claimed I didn't let her speak. When I let her speak, she had nothing much to say. She changed her tune and instead of saying we couldn't dine in, they practiced "cash and carry". "Cash and carry" sounded ridiculous. Is Marriott a thrift shop selling second-hand goods?

She said we had to pay in advance before our meals were served.

This is utterly hostile and disgusting service for a renowned international, hotel chain where the staff behave completely un-American.

Later on, I found out that Marriott Tang Plaza's ownership was one of the main reasons why it was un-American - people judge you for you race, religion or beliefs.

The staff at Marriott Tang Plaza abuse the powers they have and run the hotel's food and beverage outlet at their own whim and fancy, choosing who to ostracize, bully and take advantage off as well as who to begrudgingly serve.

As a self-respecting individual, there is only one thing to do - exercise my right and freedom to take my money elsewhere where hardworking and responsible people are.

1  Thank Migrating_North
Owen Cooper, Other at Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2020

Dear Migrating_North,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel, and we truly value and appreciate your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lapse in service and rest assured that we will conduct an investigation and share the points you have highlighted with the relevant teams for a thorough review.

We would appreciate if you can PM us your email or contact, so we can be in touch with you.

Best Regards,