6,987 results
All reviews clarke quay premier lounge great location liang court accor member night life restaurants and bars shopping centre fort canning park executive room king bed marina bay sands an upgrade the ground floor mrt station buffet breakfast central location
Reviewed 14 December 2015

Staff very helpful with any requests we had. Buffet breakfast was delicious. We had no noise distractions from Clarke Quay entertainment area, and we would definitely recommend this hotel to any body staying in Singapore

Room tip: best views
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NovotelSingaporeCQ, General Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

Dear Margaret M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us a review.

It’s a delight to know that team and buffet breakfast left a positive imprint on you. Your comments have been shared with the teams and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our products and the quality of our services.

On behalf of the Management and staff here at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

I booked a King bed executive room and it was huge and very clean. It can fit in another rollaway bed and a baby cot. And my kids still have some space to move around. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very well kept. It was in an excellent condition.
The location of the hotel was excellent. It's located along the banks of the historical Singapore River, Clarke Quay. The hotel is located just next to Liang Court, a shopping mall, famous for Japanese food and supermarket.
I hope that the hotel could improve on its customer service. The service is pretty fast but lack of friendly welcome.
I would strongly recommend a stay at this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank trizia68

Dear trizia68,

It was a great pleasure having you stay with us during your recent trip to Singapore. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel’s central location.

At Novotel, we make every effort to ensure our guests’ full satisfaction with every aspect of the stay hence we deeply regret to note your disappointment. Your experience certainly does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive for. Please rest assured that your feedback has been addressed with the Front Office Manager for further review, discussion and constructive action.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

2 Single Beds Superior Bay View - Rm# 1818.

I was last in Singapore with mum when I was 3... Too young to remember. This new trip was an early 30th birthday celebration and thought it'd be nice for mum and I to return.

I confirmed our reservation and arrival time over 24hrs in advance, by checking in online via the email notification the hotel sent.
We arrived at 6:00pm to be told our room wouldn't be ready. Really? Scheduled check in is 2:00pm, yet at 6:00pm (the time we advised) our room was unavailable?
After pushing the subject, we were offered another room, to wait for our correct room to be ready, and one free drink each at the bar. I made the gentleman check the room to see if it was ready, and what do you know... it was! So we settled in.

Thankfully the room was lovely - the view was even better, overlooking Clarke Quay. You could see all the way out to Marina Bay Sands, and watch the laser light show at night from your room. TV channels were minimal, but the movie channels were quite good.

The beds were very comfortable and the AC was crispy cold - can be controlled by the guest. There were a number of negative things about the room, but quite trivial really;
- The glass shower door was hard to open/close
- There was only one hook to hang one towel, and you couldn't hang a towel over the shower door as the bulkhead of the shower was in the way
- The rain shower head was still installed, although disconnected. Standard shower head was in use
- There were no flannels/face washers when checking in, but were included in the housekeeping the next day
- Coffee and sugar was never replenished - had to ask each day
- The sink was quite loud when draining (sounded like someone going to the bathroom)

However, any room amenity issue we had was resolved within 5min of calling.
There were 3 lifts in the building, and it was never a long wait.
Breakfast was nicely setup and the maître d' was very friendly, and quite humorous. Although there seemed to be ample seating, breakfast can be extremely busy. I'd suggest dining before 8:00am.
The standard american breakfast was on offer, along with asian, continental etc. A really good selection. There was also outdoor seating - we opted for AC.

The outdoor pool was strange to get to. You had to walk past a couple of restaurants on another hotel floor in order to reach the pool. I'd suggest wearing a kaftan (for the ladies) and a shirt (for the men) until you reach the pool, unless you like walking in public half naked.
The pool was always busy in the afternoon (unsure before 12:00pm), but we were still comfortable attending. We waited for two free day beds and settled in for a drink or two and a splash. Towels were available, many day beds were shaded, and drinks could be ordered. The pool is extremely deep at one end - I think it's close to 3m - so be aware with your children.
I'm not fond of children, but although there were many there, they were very well behaved and shared the pool with adults and seniors. Obviously, this can't be guaranteed with all kids ;o)

This hotel is in a fantastic location; it shares a building with a shopping centre - somewhat quiet, but it has a few places to eat, have a massage, shop for simple things like shoes, hair accessories, electronics etc.
It's in the heart of Clarke Quay, so there are plenty of restaurants and bars to venture to in the afternoon/evening. There are also three other shopping centre just a short walk away.
There's a money exchange at the entrance of the hotel, along with a 7/11.
The MRT is a 5min walk over Read Bridge to Clarke Quay station. There's also a bus stop on River Valley Rd, right next to the hotel.

We had an unpleasant experience checking out also, which took about 30min. It wasn't as painful as checking in, so I won't detail it.

After this trip, I swore I'd never stay at this hotel again based on the check in and out experience - Im very stubborn when it comes to my principles.
However, after writing this review 4mths later (I know... I've been lazy), I believe I'd stay here again.
You can't beat the location and the ease of access to public transport. Whether you like to party, eat, sing karaoke, wander, shop etc, Clarke Quay has it all.

For 6 nights - inc breakfast - the cost was approx $2,390SGD. Yes this is expensive... But the majority of accommodation in Singapore is! It would have been slightly cheaper without the view, but I'm obsessed with pretty lights and the room didn't disappoint.

NB:
Noodle House - Central Clarke Quay - Basement level - Really cheap food, and quite nice! We went two or three times. Open till around 10pm. They have forks/spoons if you can't use chopsticks ;o)

Octapas - Clarke Quay - Nice little bar with a live band - very talented. Dark "mood" lighting, with some food options. We had churros and cocktails. I'd go again.

Super Trees - You must see these! They have a light/music show at night for about 15min. Amazing!

I couldn't find bubble bath in Singapore! If you want a bubble bath, take your own - or somebody tell me where I can find it.

I seem to have forgotten to take photos of the room - just one! I'm so ashamed.

Room tip: Superior Bay View Room has an amazing view! Book one if you love lights.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank csr_shuga

Dear csr_shuga,

Thank you very much for you review and it’s a delight to know that you enjoyed the spectacular view from your room and that the strategic location of the hotel was good for you.

It is with much regret that we note your dissatisfaction with the service you received during your check-in and check-out as well as the issues encountered in your room. We normally receive very good feedback about our team’s high level of courteousness and efficiency thus to receive feedback like this is very concerning. Your experience certainly does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive for, and customarily maintain hence kindly rest assured that your comments have been escalated to our Front Office Manager as well as other Department Managers concerned for further review, discussion and constructive action.

We are pleased to hear that despite the issues you have encountered, you would give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future and have you experience the usual excellent service that Novotel is known for. We appreciate the opportunity you have given us to look deeper into the quality of our hotel and identify areas of improvement through your constructive feedback. Thank you and have a lovely day!

Reviewed 12 December 2015

Had an overnight staycation away from home. The hotel, at a centralised location, was very accessible with the MRT station and bus stops and taxi stands nearby. The staff was friendly. Check-in took slightly longer than expected but the kids were kept entertained by the children friendly corner at the lobby. Thumbs up for the little extra thought for guests with children.

Thank you for the free upgrade to a room with bathtub and shower. It definitely made my kids smiled. The room was spacious, clean and well kept. Had a great time at the pool with my children even though it was not child friendly.

Overall, it was a good experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear DannyChew,

The pleasure is ours to have served you and it’s a delight to know that the central location of the hotel was good for you.

Service is a top priority for us and hence we’re pleased to know that the team was friendly. Reviews as such are an affirmation for us that guests appreciate the quality of our services that we strive to deliver with excellence every day.

Thank you very much for your input and comments, which are precious to us and allow us to keep on upgrading our services since customer’s satisfaction has always been the priority for us.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

the Location is good in the middle of Clarke Quai Entertainment district and near China town. a lot can be done by walking and it is easy to get taxis which are cheap. Ask for a room high up. even I mentioned already in the reservation that I prefer a room on a higher floor, I did not get it at checkin. I found the Service at reception soso, not really too friendly and no smile as you expect it . beside that, service was ok and friendly.. the hotel is already quite old but the room itself was nice, big and clean (10th floor only) everything needed was there.

Room tip: a room high up if you get it
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Ericfly777,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us a review. It’s an absolute delight to know that the strategic location of the hotel was good for you.

We regret to hear about your experience on your high floor request as well as the service at Front desk and would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. We would be more than happy to accommodate your request whenever there is an availability. At Novotel, we make every effort to ensure our guests’ full satisfaction with every aspect of the stay hence please rest assured that your comments have been highlighted to the relevant Department Heads for further review and constructive action

On a positive note, it’s a pleasure to know that the team’s service was friendly. Your comments have been shared with them and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our products and services.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future and have you experience the usual excellent service that Novotel is known for.