2,054 results
All reviews tanglin mall manhattan bar orchard road basilico restaurant l'occitane toiletries botanical gardens executive suite beautiful hotel bit dated high tea main restaurant business trip breakfast buffet club level luxury hotel mobile phone late check
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We are locals and decided to take a 3 night getaway, attending a wedding dinner at the hotel on the 2nd night. We drove in on a Friday 30th Sept 2011 and checked out on Monday 3rd Oct - no problem getting complimentary parking coupons from the Concierge.

Our request for a non-smoking quiet room on a higher floor was granted without fuss (1018). The room was decorated with warm colours and toiletries were "L'Occitane" products. This package came with an upgrade to the Deluxe room. There was a slight problem with the drainage in the tub the 2nd day but it was very efficiently dealt with when we called Housekeeping.

We were very comfortable relaxing in the room which came with a study table and large screen TV, good supply of tea bags. A big bonus was the free internet service with came with the package. Bed was great for sleeping - nice big pillows.

Its a good idea to give Housekeeping a call to make up the room when you go for breakfast. They attended to that efficiently.

One thing that stood out for us at the Regent was the friendliness of the staff. A far cry from a 6 Star hotel down the road which is often cold and impersonal. So the smiles and pleasant service at The Regent truly made us very welcome. -

The efficiency of the breakfast staff in clearing the plates on our table was very good. Staff Lin Chang stood out in this area - very sharp and quick. The breakfast spread served the best French Toast we have ever tasted (but it rotates with waffles & pancake on diff days - the french toast was served on Sat).

Unfortunately our request for French Toast the next day could not be met. We wish they could have been a little more flexible in this area. The chef stationed at the bread section wasnt busy so we wished she could have been more flexible. I asked her on Sun and the friendly staff went to asked her on Mon on our behalf - flat no. Perhaps it was a different chef who prepared the French Toast on Sat. These little things make a big difference - nevertheless we do understand its a big hotel and they can choose not to grant personal requests.

They served japanese rice & miso soup - but it was rather strange and didnt make sense for many of the condiments and pickles to be placed at another station near the fruits. Most of us wouldnt know there were other condiments for the rice. The Congee was fine on Sat morning but was too thick and goeey the next 2 days.

The baked bacon (tad salty but tender) and honey ham were very nicely done. Enjoyed the freshly squeezed orange juice that came with the coffee.

The Room package included breakfast - if it didnt, then we think $47 would have been too steep and we wouldnt have dined there every morning.

The Regent created a warm and welcoming ambience for us - most refreshing compared to many other hotels here.

Most definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There is a Deli at a section the lobby area - recommend the Mushroom Puffs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2011

From the time we left the taxi at the front of the the hotel when we arrived, to the minute we left, we could not fault the excellent service and attention to detail we received. We stayed at the Regent for eight days and enjoyed every bit of it. We arrived at 7:30am in the morning but we given our room by 10:15am. Check in was not until 3:00pm. Wonderful! Everyone in the hotel spoke English. Very easy to understand. The hotel was old but the attention to detail from flowers in the main hall to the wide open spaces and lift in the centre of the hotel was really nice. A special mention to Siti at the concierge desk. Nothing was too much trouble from booking tickets to see The Lion King, to finding out and about places to visit. Thankyou. Our room was very spacious. We had to send out a search party to find each other in bed that night - it was huge !! The room was serviced twice a day by room staff and everything was done spot on. The location was close enough to walk to Orchard Road and had shopping malls and great eating out spots within a short walk. There was construction works over the road but this had a minimal impact as we couldn't hear a thing. The Singapore Grand Prix was held on the weekend which meant it was a very very busy time in the traffic but we took taxis and had no real hassles. Best part of the experience was the food. Absolutely unbelievable! Especially the Chilli Crab! The worst part was going home. It definately means that we will be staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gbadcock
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stayed at the Regent Hotel for 5 nights on a business trip and it was a relatively nice stay. The rooms weren’t all that special, but the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I checked in to a king room which had two twin beds, which I wasn’t thrilled about, but wasn’t upset enough to request a change. Upon returning to the room on the afternoon of the 3rd day, the room smelled like cigarette smoke. I couldn’t tell where it was coming from so I, contacted the front desk. They sent housekeeping up (within 5 min of the call), who confirmed the smell and offered to talk to the front desk to see about a room change. Within another 5 min I received a call from the front desk and they offered a new room and asked what time they could send up a bell hop. The new room was a king room with a king size bed (surprise! :)) and a little larger than the first one! So all in all I would rate the service outstanding.

As for the rooms themselves, the décor was a little dated; however the twice daily housekeeping certainly keeps them in good, clean, shape. The bathrooms were nice and the L’Occitane soaps are awesome! Internet was pretty good and free for the first 3 nights.
Utilized the Regent Club for breakfast and cocktails; again the staff was friendly and the food good. The restaurants were a little too pricey for my taste so I chose to eat else-ware.

Value – well this is a little bit of a tough one. Overall I would say it’s a bit pricey for what you get, however my stay partially included the F1 Grand Prix period. This time period makes it difficult to get a room anywhere and all the hotels increase their prices – supply and demand – I know. So having said that, the first 3 nights rate was reasonable and the last 2 (increase of approx. $175 a night and loss of Club privileges) was not a value in my opinion.

Room Tip: Get a room with access to the Regent Club for it's amenities and perks - breakfast, cocktails/light snacks in evening, free pressing, etc.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank WanderinArlingtonian
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I just spent two nights at the Regent in Singapore, second time I've been there. It's a good hotel for the price - Comfortable well-appointed rooms, excellent service from the staff, and beautiful interior (although not updated for some time, it's still very nice). The location is great for shipping, restaurants, & pubs. Some construction in the area (and they work at night), but it's not very disturbing. I'll go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We've just checked into the Regent several hours ago. My husband and I were told by the front desk that they were assigning us a room with a Queen bed, and though we had reserved one with a King that was fine for us. However, when we arrived at the assigned room it actually had two twin beds, which is unacceptable for a weekend with my husband. Additionally the room looked directly into a noisy construction zone.

The personal at the reception desk was very friendly and tried to resolve the issue, but unfortunately did not have other rooms available to switch us to without the construction site. We did get a king bed, but on a smoking floor (slight smell) and even louder construction as it is two floors down from the first room. They are offering to move us to another room tomorrow, but considering we are only here for 2 "relaxing" days I don't think we will opt to pack and move again.

I find this situation unacceptable for a hotel of this class. We paid a very full price for this room, and are getting much less than we are supposed to be (construction hammers are not in my relaxation plans). If the hotel had sold discounted rooms with a notification of view over construction that would be perfectly normal and acceptable, but this is just not.

My husband travels here for business often, and although he has had a good experience with the Regent in the past he probably will not choose it again due to this experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alexandra S
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

Dear Alexandra S,

My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced in the first two guestrooms. I believe you have moved to a new room, which is up to your satisfaction. I wish we would have been able to meet your request sooner, but I am glad we have found an appropriate room for you now and will take note of your preferences for a future visit. Wishing you an enjoyable time for the remainder of your stay and hope you have hand a fun and exciting Formula 1 weekend here in Singapore!

Kind regards,