“Still a Top Hotel”

Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #22 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I have noted a number of reviews of this hotel that have commented that it is a little dated. So far as its physical facilities are concerned that may be correct when compared to the latest glam offerings. For those who like a real well run hotel that is of no moment and indeed to some like me it is comforting because it retains all the attributes of a top hotel when looking at service, room size, facilities and comfort.
Indeed I have found service to be outstanding on the two occasions that I have stayed there over the past year and the rooms clean well furnished and very comfortable.
Breakfast is excellent and the Summer Palace is a really outstanding Chinese restaurant that takes dim sum to a new level as well as offering other outstanding dishes. We lunched there late on our last day and I noted the attention to detail involved in the damping and ironing of tablecloths in preparation for the evening.
I like the fact that it is close to Orchard Road but sufficiently removed to avoid the feeling of crowds associated with it and the nearby Tanglin shopping centre is small but convenient

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,908)

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The Regent Singapore would be in the top 3 hotels we have stayed in,The staff from reception to the cleaning staff to the wonderful door men/boys are all very helpfull and so friendly, Loved the room, and the location was spot on, 3 nights were not enough,.only down side is the cost of the breakfast a little bit of a downer after 3months away from home travelling Europe (all the hotels gave us breakfast included), and on our way home and to find breakfast was extra and Very costly, but that was the only down side to a great hotel..

Room Tip: Allways upgrade, to the best you can afford..
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CNoor
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights en route to Perth, Australia. Hotel situated in a very central location. Service from staff was excellent. Loved the bathroom products. The only negative comment I would have was the slight mouldy odour when we entered the room. This I would attribute to the fact that the windows do not open - however this would not deter me from staying in this hotel again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed last week at the Regent Singapore for 3 nights
As a Travel Agent I have stayed at many hotels around the world and by far the
best service I have seen at any hotel was here at the Regent
The staff from Reception to the pool staff to the cleaners were all outstanding , nothing
is too much trouble and everything is done with a genuine smile
The rooms, while nothing amazing are large and spacious and I would be more then happy
to recommend to my clients
I did want to single out Joanna on reception , who remembered by name everytime she saw me and
could not have been more friendly and helpfull

All in all a lovely hotel and it will be my first choice when I return to Singapore

Michael Fitzpatrick
Melbourne Australia

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2012

It was our 3rd visit in the last 6 months and unfortunately, the experience just got worse every time. This time our party consisted of 4 adults and 3 children. We arrived at 2pm and were promptly told that the rooms were not ready so we did not challenge it as we understood that check-in time is from 3pm onwards (yet I believe they could have been slightly more accommodating seeing that we had 3 children under 6). We returned at 3:30 and were at first told that only one of the rooms was ready and then after some discussion behind the front desk, we were told both of them were ready. We booked interconnecting rooms but there was an old dusty mattress placed in the doorway (for soundproofing purposes I guess) and it took at least 3 phone calls to various departments for this to be removed. Housekeeping obviously do not know the occupancy of the rooms as we had to ask repeatedly for extra towels. After the first night, we left our rooms at 10am and returned at 4pm to find that our rooms had not been cleaned. After a phone call to the manager, we were told that room cleaning is done between 8:30 and 5:30. Again, we would have thought they would take into consideration that we had children in our party who might want a nap in the afternoon. It was then that we realised the hotel probably favours their corporate travellers and wedding parties (there were at least 3 weddings over the weekend).
The tired decor and equipment became more apparent with each visit. My 75 year old mother tripped over the carpet by the lifts as one of the corners had actually lifted. My 3 year old daughter was pushed over by a doorman as he was checking his mobile phone.
Otherwise, the best service at the hotel was offered by the staff at the Italian restaurant Basilico where breakfast is served. Breakfast was hectic but the staff tried their best to remain calm and efficient. Dinner was simply amazing.
Not quite sure where the museum-quality artwork (as mentioned in the main regent website) were placed.
Overall, disappointed and will probably try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jocelyn S
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Bonjour Regazzi,

I was very concerned to read your comments and will look into all of the issues you have mentioned immediately. It would be most helpful if you could contact me directly so I would have more detail about your specific experience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,