I have noted a number of reviews of this hotel that have commented that it is a little dated. So far as its physical facilities are concerned that may be correct when compared to the latest glam offerings. For those who like a real well run hotel that is of no moment and indeed to some like me it is comforting because it retains all the attributes of a top hotel when looking at service, room size, facilities and comfort.
Indeed I have found service to be outstanding on the two occasions that I have stayed there over the past year and the rooms clean well furnished and very comfortable.
Breakfast is excellent and the Summer Palace is a really outstanding Chinese restaurant that takes dim sum to a new level as well as offering other outstanding dishes. We lunched there late on our last day and I noted the attention to detail involved in the damping and ironing of tablecloths in preparation for the evening.
I like the fact that it is close to Orchard Road but sufficiently removed to avoid the feeling of crowds associated with it and the nearby Tanglin shopping centre is small but convenient
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, is built around a sun-filled atrium that ascends through the building's 12-story interior. Conveniently located in the city's most select area, the hotel is central to the business district and minutes walk to tranquil Botanic Gardens and Orchard Road, Singapore's premier shopping and entertainment hub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
- Regent Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Regent