Location : The hotel is very well located and within a few minutes walk to Orchard road. Next door is a small shopping complex which has everything you might need like Brunettis coffee shop (one of the best coffee and cake shops from Melbourne) yummmmm, chemists and an excellent super market and many other novelty shops.
Rooms : spacious with a massive King bed. You can tell the mattress is of superb quality (on the very firm side, just the way I love it). The bed linen and pillows are also excellent quality (very important to me). They give you FREE unlimited international phone calls to 10 specified countries which is very generous. Air conditioning is very efficient and cooling.
Bathtroom : adequately size and very clean with excellent amenities (Locitane). Huge Towels super white and fluffy and very absorbent. Can tell they are laundered well unlike some other 5 star hotels I've stayed at. Shower pressure is excellent which is very important to me.
Breakfast : in the restaurant was excellent with a great range of different foods and excellent quality but quite expensive at nearly $48sgd.
Staff : professional and and efficient.
Special mention to Kumar the door man who was extremely genuinely helpful and very professional and efficient at the same time and went above and beyond to help us.
And also to John who brought our dinner to our room and noticed my husband was a little unwell with the flu. He offered to bring him chamomile tea with honey and lemon. Now that's what i call a special touch.
These two staff members deserve praise and recognition. You don't find this kind of genuine sincere service in too many hotels even of this standard.
In conclusion I would say this hotel is probably geared to the business traveller but families and couples could like it for the quality and location. I didn't check out the pool or any other facilities.
I feel it is slightly dated in (bathroom tiles/carpets/lobby) but it's still maintained very well and shows it's a premium property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, is built around a sun-filled atrium that ascends through the building's 12-story interior. Conveniently located in the city's most select area, the hotel is central to the business district and minutes walk to tranquil Botanic Gardens and Orchard Road, Singapore's premier shopping and entertainment hub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
- Regent Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Regent