As I always disclose I am a travel consultant however full tariff was paid for the room and the hotel was not aware of my profession. Of note the Regent Singapore is also branded as a Four Seasons.
Location: The Regent is in an upscale residential and limited commercial neighborhood of Singapore within close proximity i.e. 5 minute walk to Orchard Road (a major retail/restaurant and commercial corridor) and well as to the Botanic Gardens. Please note this hotel is NOT in the core business district of Singapore or Marina Bay yet those area is easily accessible by taxi or subway within 10 minutes.
Building: Surrounded by other 4-5 star hotels and up-market apartment buildings The Regent set the model years ago for the neighborhood. Yet physically the hotel (and this is no reflection on the staff or service) can be considered dated including the open atrium design, the glass elevators and so forth. However while common areas are dated yet fresh rooms are up to date and service and cleanliness continues to exceed peers and expectations. Of note the hotel was built in 1982 and last renovation was 2013 according to Travel Weekly, a trade publication.
The entry is typical 1980’s with a covered entry leading into an opulent lobby where fresh flowers and a water feature are on display. The lobby could easily be a set for the original Dynasty television series.
The common areas have an excellent selection of restaurants spanning multiple levels including the popular “Manhattan” Bar as well a choice of upscale and in-demand restaurants, perfect for business and deluxe dining. Rooms generally begin on the 3rd level accessible as mentioned via cage style elevators constructed of glass in a center tube of the open atrium design.
Rooms: We were in a king bed room, standard classification yet quite spacious. A conservative palette concerning color and design with a king bed, seating area, work desk, entertainment center including DVD player, mini bar, ample closet space and a large bathroom with tub/shower combination, large vanity and excellent water pressure. Excellent selection of toiletries including toothbrush and razor. Some may feel the bathroom is outdated due to the liberal use of dark marble yet lighting and size exceed peers. With the floor to ceiling windows most rooms are guaranteed pleasant views.
Pool/Spa: The hotel offers a small pool area with waiter service if desired adjacent to the workout and spa area. Both are on the first floor of the hotel.
Neighborhood: The neighborhood is upscale with many establishments oriented to what looks like an ex-pat community i.e. upscale apartments, hotel/condo developments and so forth. Adjacent to the hotel is a small mall with a Starbucks and on the lower level a grocery store. As mentioned within 5 minutes walk is Orchard Road as well as the Botanic Gardens.
While the hotel’s physical plant is in a sense a time capsule of design, it works. Coupled with the exemplary service of the staff, the absolute cleanliness of the property and the overall luxury orientation, if desiring to stay within the Orchard Rd area sans the activity of the Central Business District or the crowds at Marina Bay, an excellent choice. Of note, many international casual dining establishments are within walking distance of The Regent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel, is built around a sun-filled atrium that ascends through the building's 12-story interior. Conveniently located in the city's most select area, the hotel is central to the business district and minutes walk to tranquil Botanic Gardens and Orchard Road, Singapore's premier shopping and entertainment hub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel
- Regent Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Regent