Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore
Hotel Miramar(Singapore)
Studio M Hotel(Singapore)
  • Restaurant
1,153 results
All reviewspenang buffethavelock roadclarke quaysmall balconydeluxe roomfree shuttlenearest mrt stationshort staybuffet breakfastthe hotel offersbars and restaurantsthe club loungepleasant staybus stopbusiness hotelchinatownconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2017

The staff were lovely and very accommodating - rooms were clean - pool area was also very clean - breakfast was enjoyable - and staff very helpful to our special needs.
Hotel is quiet central and has everything close by - would recommend staying there

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Guest_Relations_CKS, Manager at Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Fran542017,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay overall.

The pleasure will be ours to welcome you back to the Copthorne King’s Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I was here for business. It is a very comfortable hotel in a good part of the city. Its within walking distance of Chinatown. The restaurant serves a comprehensive mix of styles of cuisine. The meeting rooms were fine.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Guest_Relations_CKS, Manager at Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Bruce M,

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Room is clean, a bit small but it is very clean. Staffs are working hard, very friendly and very polite. Location is not perfect as it is not close to metro system but Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay are within walking distance. It is always better if the price can be cheaper.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Dear YYT,

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel a day good value for money. Nice room, if you want a quiet room, ask for one at the back of the hotel, not facing the main road.
Hotel menu is poor for western people, mainly because the guests are Chinese.
Plenty of places to eat out on the river.
Good location, would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations_CKS, Manager at Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear Geoff B,

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

I was disappointed overall with my stay at this hotel. We had a superior room booked, which is just a different title for the smallest and most premium room in the hotel. It was on a corner triangular in shape and had very little space. There was minimal storage, two drawers and half a wardrobe. There was not enough room to walk past each other without giving way!
I did explain we were at this hotel for one week and couldn't even unpack so was given ( ungraciously) an upgrade.
This room was better but in real terms was equivalent to a premier inn in England, although the beds were not as good as premier inn.
If you like a solid Bed with no give then this is the place for you. I found that after seven nights I needed pain relief and massage and so did my travel companion. Although the pillows were nice!
This hotel is very strange in that it appears to believe it is up there in the highest star category of hotels. However the standard of cleanliness in the rooms is beyond par and it seemed that the floor was not hoovered in the whole week we were there. There were bits everywhere by day seven. The quilt cover was not changed even though the nights were hot and it could have done with a change in day two!
The towels were grey and worn, the bathroom had mould under the rims as did the cieling in the room.
The jacuzzi didn't work for the first few days but was nice when on day 5 I found it was working. The pool was small as was the pool area on the first day it wS hard to find a sun bed as there were only about half a dozen.
I popped to the bar to get a beer and for one large and one small was charged $36.50 when I queried this I was told I could have two free but was only given two small ones. I then proceeded to take the drinks to the room and the grumpy bar man said I wasn't allowed!
It went from bad to worst in the end I wish I hadn't gone to the bar, there was a shop next door and the tiger beer was very cheap.
I was made to feel uncomfortable and have never had a problem in previous hotel like this and they were a lot more salubrious .
I did have one meal here and it was nice although it's e pensive compared with local prices.
I would not return here as I did not feel welcomed or looked after.
The beds are uncomfortable and the rooms are in need of tlc.
I am now at the eastern and Oriental Penang the contrast is amazing!
I will post my review when I leave but can only say this is what I call a hotel it's very special and the staff are lovely.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Janice D

Dear Janice,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We have noted on your suggestions and will work towards making improvements on our hotel maintenance.