5 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
Hotels.comUS$203
Hotel WebsiteUS$203
TravelocityUS$203
All reviews rooftop pool downtown line mrt lines family room good size comfortable beds central location location is excellent min walk late check short stay bugis laundry housekeeper dryer eateries
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Mum and I stayed at 30 Bencoolen for our Singapore trip.

We got a good deal for a deluxe room at this hotel. We had a twin room on the eleventh floor, with a street view.

We were pleasantly pleased with the room, the beds comfy and found the shower pressure and water temperature excellent.

Complimentary water was a plus! So was the handy phone, with access to 4G wifi and the internet, unlimited national and international calls and discounted tickets. We found the handy phone handy so to speak!

The hotel is in a convenient location, with a 7 eleven across the street & food court and Starbucks around the corner. Bencoolen amongst other MRT’s are nearby, so are Bugis food street and shopping centres.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank js4rq
Jeffrey C, General Manager at 30 Bencoolen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Js4rq,

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel! Arrived at Changi somewhat late and got cab into city to hotel. Check-in was breeze but was told about a little phone in room I had to sign for in case I damaged it? So to my surprise there is something called a handy phone. Basically a cell phone, but it is loaded with apps that you can use to book tours, trips, and you can take out with you, has google maps, and you can make calls on it! I made all my tours for my stay in Singapore with this little unit. Also the staff at hotel were very helpful, they had maps to give and any questions answered for me. This place is right near several MRT stations, including Bencoolen station, which I used to get back to Changi and only cost $1.70 trip! Also there is the Dobi Ghaut station a short 10 min walk away for the other lines. There are many eating venues near here to check out, too many to list, but others have mentioned them. This place is secured as well, you need your card later at night to get in, and need it to access upper floors via the lift. It has a pool up on 15th floor, and also has a small gym and laundry facility on 5th floor. There is a breakfast but you must pay, if not in the hotel price. If ever to return to Singapore, I will stay here!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Dalrx

Dear Dalrx,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I booked two nights here through Agoda at about SGD140 per night, which these days is great value for Singapore. As evidence of this we walked past the Ibis just a block away which had an advertisement out front for $233 for a double. I stayed there a few years ago and it was a vastly inferior room; a painful hard bed in a broom closet sized room.
Our room at 30 Bencoolen was modern, clean and comfortable and a reasonable size by Singapore standards. It had all that one expects of a Singapore hotel; large flat screen television, fast wifi, fridge, safe, tea making and a convenient bathroom. There was a complimentary mobile phone in the room. We enjoyed the good sized roof top pool and spa on the 15th floor.
It is very simple getting here from Changi Airport. Follow the signs to the MRT, buy a card for $12 ($7 credit), take the train one stop to Expo station, change to the blue Downtown Line and get off at Bencoolen station. Take the exit to Middle Road and turn right towards Bras Basah, the hotel is about 50 metres away on the right.
I always stay in this area when visiting Singapore, I love it. Turning right on exiting the hotel, it is a block to the right to the wonderful temple scene of Waterloo Street, Fortune Centre, food courts with loads of veg, and non-veg, restaurants and my favourite value & quality department store, OG.
Turning left on exiting the hotel is the gallery and the museum, just steps away.
I was very happy with my choice of 30 Bencoolen at the price that I paid.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaisyClover
Jeffrey C, General Manager at 30 Bencoolen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear DaisyClover,

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Very centrally located with close metro station and easy access to Little India and China Town and the harbor front. Room was clean and reasonable price. However, the staff was less than friendly or helpful. We asked for two extra pillows to be brought up to the room which never happened. Also, we asked for an extra duvet for our small child and that request was declined.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Travel-lovingTexans

Dear Travel-lovingTexans,

Reviewed 25 March 2018

The only problem I had with this hotel is I could not find any fault. It was secure with access to floors with a card only and even the pool. The staff were very helpful, nice and spoke good English. The rooms were clean and allowed up to 10 devices for free wifi per room. When I return to Singapore I will be book this hotel and recommend this to any of my friends and family. It is in a good location, we bought 2 days pass for the hop off and hop on bus which stopped around the corner 2 minutes away.

• Trip type: Travelled with family