Booked a Premier King room for one night for a simple staycation. Honestly I'd expected more from a four-stay hotel but it was just average, nothing exceptional.
Bad first impression upon checking in. I was told that my check-out would be at 2pm the following day, but from what I understood from Far East Hospitality's website (under "Far More Perks"), it was supposed to be late checkout at 4pm, which I told the counter staff.
She said that didn't apply to me because my booking was the Flash Sale promotion. I told her that even when I made the booking for Flash Sale, it stated that the perks included a late checkout at 4pm. She did not believe me and asked to see my confirmation email. I showed her Far East Hospitality's very own website, on the Flash Sale booking page that said 4pm. She went back to check with someone else, then later returned and said yes, 4pm so I was right all along.
What an unpleasant welcome and long, troublesome check-in process. Funny thing is that I was right and even had to show your staff your own website before she was convinced. Is that how you welcome guests who have booked a Premier Room and are expecting an above average stay?
Room itself was nice and I appreciate the complimentary chocolates that I'd requested for. Love the comfortable bed and cold air con, good quality toiletries. Enjoyed the Excecutive Pavillion which I thought was a very cool touch as well as the pool, though the gym was on the small side. Breakfast was not bad but the variety could be improved. Good location.
After reading other reviews here, I feel that the hotel treats Flash Sale guests differently from regular guests and foregn tourists too. I probably would not have stayed here if not for the attractive rates during the Flash Sale. I'd actually wanted to try out other hotels under Far East Hospitality (specifically Quincy and Downtown Oasia) for future special occasions but now I'm not so sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed with a distinct European accent, The Elizabeth Hotel is a modern take on a classical era, with its modern chandeliers and black marble counters accentuated by warm back lights. The overall look and feel of the interior décor is one of timeless elegance, with strong tones of colonial influences.Located just minutes from the famous Orchard Road shopping district by foot, and only a 25-minute car ride from Changi International Airport, we are strategically situated on the private and exclusive enclave on Mount Elizabeth.The Elizabeth Hotel is the definite choice for both business and leisure travellers looking for a hotel with character and within easy reach to Orchard Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth a Far East Hotel
- Elizabeth Hotel Singapore
- Elizabeth Far East Hotel
- The Elizabeth Hotel By Far East Hospitality Singapore