“Mixed feelings; lousy first impression”

The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #85 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Booked a Premier King room for one night for a simple staycation. Honestly I'd expected more from a four-stay hotel but it was just average, nothing exceptional.

Bad first impression upon checking in. I was told that my check-out would be at 2pm the following day, but from what I understood from Far East Hospitality's website (under "Far More Perks"), it was supposed to be late checkout at 4pm, which I told the counter staff.

She said that didn't apply to me because my booking was the Flash Sale promotion. I told her that even when I made the booking for Flash Sale, it stated that the perks included a late checkout at 4pm. She did not believe me and asked to see my confirmation email. I showed her Far East Hospitality's very own website, on the Flash Sale booking page that said 4pm. She went back to check with someone else, then later returned and said yes, 4pm so I was right all along.

What an unpleasant welcome and long, troublesome check-in process. Funny thing is that I was right and even had to show your staff your own website before she was convinced. Is that how you welcome guests who have booked a Premier Room and are expecting an above average stay?

Room itself was nice and I appreciate the complimentary chocolates that I'd requested for. Love the comfortable bed and cold air con, good quality toiletries. Enjoyed the Excecutive Pavillion which I thought was a very cool touch as well as the pool, though the gym was on the small side. Breakfast was not bad but the variety could be improved. Good location.

After reading other reviews here, I feel that the hotel treats Flash Sale guests differently from regular guests and foregn tourists too. I probably would not have stayed here if not for the attractive rates during the Flash Sale. I'd actually wanted to try out other hotels under Far East Hospitality (specifically Quincy and Downtown Oasia) for future special occasions but now I'm not so sure.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank twiinklex

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

My stay experience in the hotel been great from beginning till the time I've checked out. Ms Jessica from the front desk, has such warmth and welcoming personality. There will be a repeated stay in the future.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Mohd Faharudin M, Manager at The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear Riyan R

We appreciate your compliments and rest assured that we will share this with Jessica who I am sure will be elated to learn of this.

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us and we are thrilled to know that it has been a pleasant one.

We look forward to your next visit soon and do write to me at faharudin@fareast.com.sg if I could be of assistance in making your next reservation

Have a fabulous week ahead

Reviewed 29 April 2017

We needed an elderly-friendly room. The premier rooms have walk-in showers but no grab-bars. The room we were assigned had huge, comfortable beds. Unfortunately, Room 613 was narrow, resulting in only a narrow passage between the edge of the bed and the wall (with the TV). The high headboards of the bed were right against the windows, which meant very little of a view. Staff were friendly and accommodating, and the location is good for those wanting to visit the Orchard Road area.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We never been to Singapore before and it was great,loads to do and see.the train are good value and Es say to get around,.Raffles worth a visit the home of the Singapore sling 31 dollars.the bay for street food.

Room Tip: They give you a phone for free calls rooms are quiet on 5floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear william s

Welcome to Singapore and its great to know that you've enjoyed exploring the city not forgetting Singapore's famous drink ;The Singapore Sling.

Thank you for making us your choice accommodation during your recent visit and we are privileged to be part of that special experience.

We look forward to the opportunity of hosting your again and do write to me at faharudin@fareast.com.sg if I could be of assistance in making your next reservation with us

Have a fabulous week ahead

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Free breakfast till 10.30. Took over 90 mins to get here from the airport in peak hour traffic.

Top floor room...12th floor. Clean rooms.
Nice staff. Free wifi
Left my bags while I sightseed.
Airport shuttle to and from $9 each way.
10 mins from the Singapore Flyer by cab $12.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear liz822

Warmest Greetings from The Elizabeth Hotel and we thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us even though it was for an overnight stay.

We are gald to know that we have met with your expectation and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting you soon. Do write to me at faharudin@fareast.com.sg if I could be of assistance in making your next reservation with us.

Have a wonderful week ahead