7 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$265
PricelineUS$266
travelup.comUS$318
5,875 results
All reviews the executive lounge golden peony centennial suite suntec city rubber duck teddy bear promenade mrt station diamond member millenia walk marina bay pillow menu an upgrade buffet breakfast late check pan pacific orchard road oscars
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The refreshed 63m2 Conrad Centennial Suite was renovated in 2018, exuding a minimalistic and clean vibe throughout the entire suite. Gone were the outdated and clustered furnishings that made the suite feels smaller. The last time I stayed in the Conrad Centennial Suite was in 2014 when the décor feels outdated even for 2014. I liked this refreshed feel of the suite, which brings out the true size of the Conrad Centennial Suite.

The living room is the first part of the suite that greets us as we enter through the main entrance to the Conrad Centennial Suite, which is undoubtedly the largest part of the suite. Gone were the ugly yellow walls with dated furniture, replace them are the more contemporary beige coloured walls and minimalistic lounging furniture. I like the refreshed living room, exuding a comfortable and modern vibe. The hotel did a fantastic job in using space in the suite.

The minibar area is flushed into the walls, which in no way hampers entry into the Conrad Centennial Suite. It also makes the entryway look cleaner and neater. The minibar area has your usual suspects as what one would find in any hotel establishment, a fridge, coffee machine and kettle. I like using the drawer-styled mini fridge (which, unfortunately, struggles to chill our drinks). Convenient for us to access our drinks. Above the fridge is another drawer where we would find cups, tea and coffee. An entry-level (good enough) Nespresso machine sits on the minibar area, providing me with the caffeine I need in the mornings. I like the empty shelving opposite the mini bar area, which provided ample storage space for the snacks we brought for this staycation. I thought flushing the furniture against the wall was a clever way for the hotel to create space in this part of the suite. Tucked in one corner is a large work desk for me to do some work. The space-saving study light provided additional illumination without taking up too much space. The only power outlets in the living room are located on the study table, which allows me to charge up my laptop while rushing my assignment. The bulk of the living room is occupied by the extra-long day bed cum sofa that runs along the entire length of the living room. The use of remote-controlled blinds and sheers, when opened up, lets a lot of daylight into the living room with an unobstructed view of the surroundings. The sofa is very comfortable to sit on and certainly very comfortable to laze on while watching the numerous channels on the 55″ LED TV mounted onto the wall. The inclusion of the L-shaped ottoman provides more sitting space. I like using a single movable table in place of a coffee table light enough to be shifted along any part of the sofa, allowing us to “customise” how we want to use the sofa space. Conrad Centennial Singapore can fit a small dining table in the living room with the clever use of space and the thoughtful choice of furnishing. I find the dining table is of the right size, large enough for two to enjoy a decent meal on and yet not taking up too much space.

The use of the colour tone in the bedroom is coherent with that of the living room, giving the bedroom a very comfortable and cosy feel. The use of mirrors on either side of the bed not only made the bedroom looks larger. The king bed looked like two twin beds combined into a king bed, which is still very comfortable and provides great sleep quality. To ensure guests get better sleep, Conrad Centennial Singapore offers a menu of 14 pillow types for the guests to choose from. A couple of bedside tables stood guard beside the king bed, equipped with power outlets on top for us to charge our lifestyle devices. Although the new placement of the TV sacrifices the view of the city from the bed, I find this sacrifice is a great decision. The TV placement directly in front of the bed makes watching TV on the bed more pleasant. The renovated bedroom sees the inclusion of two huge wardrobes with a dressing table sitting in the middle. Compared to its pre-renovated predecessor, these wardrobes can swallow weeks of clothing. One of the wardrobes comes with drawers and a huge safe tucked in one of the drawers, giving more space to put our stuff. The other wardrobe houses the ironing gears and can use purely for the hanging of clothing. The top of the dressing table can be opened to reveal a mirror with LED lighting and houses the hairdryer. But for those who do not find a dressing table useful, this table can double up as a place to put some items or even for work.

The bathroom feels luxurious with the use of marble. The bathtub sitting at the far end of the bathroom is huge, and the water pressure ensures this huge tub gets filled up with water in no time. The walk-in shower enclosed in glass with regular and rain showerheads is at the end of the bathtub. I find it disappointing that Conrad Centennial Singapore ceased to provide Shanghai Tang bath amenities (which is a fragrance I liked very much).

Most of the staff in Conrad Centennial Singapore feels friendly and warm. They are not stingy with their greetings and certainly are not shy in engaging in small talks with their guests. Our first interaction with the great service around Conrad Centennial Singapore is at the check-in. While Fatimah was processing our check-in, she still managed to engage in small talk with us. Upon learning that we were returning to the hotel after eight years, Fatimah can immediately recalled the suites before its renovation and how she agreed the suite required a make-over. This talking does not seem to slow her efficiency in processing our check-in. She still manages to process the check-in without having us wait too long. Fatimah was very detailed in providing us with information on the lounge timings and the breakfast timings. She helped us book the time slots for afternoon tea and evening cocktail hours. I was pleasantly surprised that Fatimah could recognise me and greeted me by my last name the next day when I walked past the reception despite interacting with so many guests in between. Her greetings feel like a friendly greeting another when bumping on the streets.

We had a great time knowing Dila, who was at the swimming pool. Dila is a staff at the swimming pool and came across as bubbly and cheerful. We knew we would enjoy our time at the pool when we bumped into Dila. She was not shy in striking a conversation and felt genuine when she asked how our day was. I was surprised that Dila remembered our name and room number the second day at the pool. The moment we were at the pool, Dila warming welcomed us to enjoy the pool. I even overheard her telling her colleagues our room number and that she had verified our booking slot. Other than Dila, the staff at the swimming pool were great. They helped us look for a perfect spot for suntan and even brought us a nice cold drink. In addition, the pool staff were attentive and were seen patrolling the pool to top up water for guests.

Most of the staff we met at the Conrad Centennial Singapore were pleasant and welcoming, less one of the reception staff. Approached the reception to check for late check-out, the said staff only granted us an extension of 30 mins as a form of “late check-out”, stating the suite was already assigned for the next guest. When I asked to speak to the duty manager, the staff, instead of getting her manager approached her colleague standing next to her. after 5 mins, we were told the hotel could extend the late check-out till 3 pm, “but just for this time”, she told us. The staff came across as condescending, and I wondered if I had not asked the duty manager, she would not have taken the initiative to find a solution for my late check-out. What appeared to be easily resolved by her colleague was not done by her. We left the reception feeling being patronised.

I managed to speak to the duty manager about the staff. Manolo came across as empathetic and listened to my feedback without being defensive. While he attempted to explain the action of his staff, he did not come across as finding excuses and was apologetic the whole time we conversed. the way that Manolo handled my complaint showed how he deserved to be a manager. He was professional and keen to find out from the staff what the shortfall was and help her improve her people-to-people skill. Despite the small incident, we found the staff at Conrad Centennial Singapore were generally welcoming.

Date of stay: March 2022
CCSing GM, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Diviva

Many thanks for leaving this wonderful comment on our TripAdvisor page following your recent stay.

I was proud to read your comments. Our team members are here to make your time that more special and I am glad they just did that.

I very much look forward to being able to welcome you back to [Outlet’s Name] in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been staying at the Conrad for years, and this was first time back after over two due to lack of travel. A number of things fell well short of expectations. Several times tried to reach the operator / concierge but no one picks up. Was served rotten fruits as part of their fruit platter. Things were not put away in the room post cleaning, so had to do it myself. Walls are thin and loud music made sleeping difficult, but when i tried to call the front desk - no one picks up. So all and all - it was fine. Gym was nice - pool great. Food was average but also fine. Staff are generally friendly in person. But i'm going to think twice before coming back

Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank tonyx768
CCSing GM, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear tonyx768

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay; I was most concerned to learn of the service shortfalls, for which please accept my most sincere apologies.

I was most disappointed that we failed to extend the high standards of service, attention to detail and professional courtesy expected by our guests and that we were unable to satisfactorily address and recover these shortfalls during your sojourn. Please accept my assurance that I have discussed your comments in detail with our management team to ensure that our usual high standards and service culture is restored, faultlessly maintained and delivered in future.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention; whilst I am unable to turn back the clock I hope we might have the opportunity of restoring your trust in our service, should you consider returning. I hope I will have the pleasure of meeting you and welcoming you back to Conrad Centennial Singapore in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed there for 4D3N during year end holidays with family on a staycation.
First impression was OK as they got confused with booking dates & rates. Enter room and things seem fine and got small goodie packs for us. However, huge disappointment during our stay of 4 days & 3 nights.
The housekeeping is poor and it appears they just make the bed to show the room "cleaned". On day 2, the cleaning staff missed to see a "used diaper" that's left on the room floor as the only trash bin in the washroom was full and we just pushed it in to the side of the couch, visible but unreachable for my baby.
On day 3, we were shocked to see all the food crumbs all over the carpet from last night's dinner. Also, so many other points indicating the room wasn't cleaned at all. That too, when we waited in the lift lobby for 20min or so to let the staff finish.
To top it all, the cleaning person had dipped my makeup bag in water for God knows why & how and it ruined my makeup. We immediately called the main desk to inform. They checked & agreed our complain is legit so a recleaning would be done. To compensate my loss, they offered 'wine' as that's only option they had. Really? I was pissed, to be honest.
Overall, might be an average option for business related stay but nothing for family or staycation.
Room size is just average as well as the amenities. Bathroom, on the other hand, is pretty good size.
Centrally located so there're plenty of options to go/visit but nothing in the hotel premises for any kind of entertainment. Couldn't check out pool as it's raining everyday, however, managed to walk around pool side which seemed pretty dull.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rakhi07priya
CCSing GM, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Rakhi07priya

Thank you for your review of the Conrad Centennial Singapore.

Please accept my apologies for the issues that occurred during your visit. We have passed your comments on to our team internally to begin an investigation. We aim to provide the highest quality service and whilst we understand this was not as expected on this occasion, I sincerely hope that we will get the opportunity to redeem ourselves and that we will have a chance to welcome you back at Conrad Centennial Singapore in the nearest future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wanted to stay at the Conrad again as it was conveniently located, close to shops and restaurants. Staff were very accommodating - allowed me access to my room early (6am). I did complain about the AC in my room- wasn't cold enough. Water in shower took a long time to heat up - shame had to waste all that water. Ironing board collapsed when I was using it - luckily was able to complete my ironing using bench in front of TV. AC and water was fixed immediately. Not sure about ironing board. Some mould in bathroom. Love the large bottles of shampoo and conditioner

Date of stay: April 2022
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear psych0333

Thank you for informing us of your feedback following your recent stay with us.

Please rest assured that I have forwarded your valuable feedback to all the managers for review.

I very much look forward to being able to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2022

The first staff we met in the morning was arrogant and unwelcoming. No eye contact at all when she asked about the passports and didn’t bother to reach out her hand to catch them as handing over to her. She kept looking her screen when she talked to us for about 2 minutes. When we asked if there was a non-connecting room on higher floor, we were told only the one she offered was complimentary for our early check-in. Actually we were invited to check in at 10-ish from the hotel reservation 2 weeks before arrival because it was to avoid the busy crowd from 11am-3pm. It was not we came in early and asked for it. And she just kept saying No on our request for a room change. She gave no details on the benefits like dining credit or breakfast time to us, no explanation on anything. Anyway, it wasn’t a good start. We got a room change to a non connecting room on higher floor after another male staff called. There was black mold at the shower area. later we found there were 2 insects/flies and smashed on the mirror. After make up service it was still there on the mirror. Called operators for a few times but no one picked up the calls. A few hours later we were knocked out the room after hitting the gym. It was weird that both of the cards didn’t work a few hours after check-in. But it was actually quite common in this hotel, we later bumped into another guest in the elevator who was struggling with getting to his room because his room card also didn’t work. He was staying on 26/F. Our staycation was almost ruined from the beginning but other than the above, we met the male staff at gym and pool who was friendly and professional. Service from the staff at Oscars was attentive.

I gave a feedback on the hotel website after the stay with all my contact details and booking number filling on the form, but no one from this hotel bothers to reply or even just acknowledge the feedback. Can’t imagine this is the service from a 5 star Conrad brand, thus one star rating.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ECHECHECHECH

Dear Freedom37063579769

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.

Needless to say, I was most concerned to learn of the shortfalls and unfortunate glitches you experienced. I would be most grateful if you would be kind enough to contact me directly on Mike.Williamson@ConradHotels.com in order for me to have the opportunity to personally address your concerns.

Please rest assured that at the Conrad Centennial Singapore, we are always aiming to provide the highest quality service. I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to redeem ourselves and to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the nearest future.

Kind Regards