Fraser Place is one of those hotels that you need to stay at for a few days before you warm to the hotel beyond first impressions.
That's meant to be a positive comment.
It's located on Robertson's Walk on the Singapore River. This is a great area for vacationers and business travellers. Robertson Quay connects to Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and eventually Marina Bay Sands. I've walked the round trip a few times and it's a highlight of staying in Singapore.
The rooms are spacious, clean and functional. The decor is a little dated. Unless you like the late 70s trend then you'll be right at home.
They have 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and I was ungraded to a 2 BD. Greatly appreciated. This was larger than many of my colleagues' long term units in Singapore.
There is a nice pool area on level 3 near the 24 hour gym plus a dedicated kids pool close by with a few aquatic toys for them to enjoy.
Surrounding the hotel are loads of bars and restaurants to choose from. The Wine and Cheese restaurant downstairs is a must. Pies and Coffee has a good breakfast and decent coffee. The Italian Trattoria is also worth a visit and at the time I stayed there was offering 15% off with your room key. Oddly it also has a great selection of cigars.
Hint when booking - go through the hotel websites, not direct. Massive price difference.
Small downside is that it's not close to an MRT station. Clarke Quay is the closest. This means taxi or Uber is the most direct means of transport on the front door.
After my initial reaction to the room decor i throughly enjoyed my stay. If you're looking for apartment accommodation that provides a kitchen, appliances and space then this hotel is good value in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashioned in the style of a Mediterranean village, Fraser Place Robertson Walk evokes a delightful and vibrant ambience. It offers 164 spacious and contemporary styled residences, ranging from one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and features a comprehensive range of lifestyle amenities to fulfil the needs of today's discerning travellers. Ideally situated near the banks of the historic Singapore River, the serviced residence enjoys close proximity to the Central Business District, and easy access to the entertainment riverside corridor of Clarke Quay and Boat Quay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fraser Place Robertson Walk, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Place Robertson Walk Hotel Singapore
- Fraser Place Robertson Walk, Singapore