Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$21
Expedia.comUS$52
eDreamsUS$52
SnaptravelUS$60
All reviews hindu temple outram park mrt stayed here for nights chinatown drawers
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2020 via mobile

I used to stays in hotel 1929 before it was revamp. The hotel was nice and cosy. So I though maybe go and give it a try again. To my surprise the room was horribly small and dirty when I was assign to the room. Mirror was crack. Room was small cant even walk. Toilet only a small gap to enter. So I went down to the counter and ask if they given me the room correctly a not. I told them as well the mirror is crack and request to change a room. So they change to a bigger room but the air ventilation board from the toilet keep dropping and tv was in a weird location with a pole in between. Other then the location is good, I dont think I will come again to this hotel anymore.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PandaTing85
Reviewed 19 August 2020 via mobile

Due to covid 19 travel restriction in singapore, our booking was cancelled and hotel wont return the money.. think twice before book here.. there are other hotels which have better management and hospitality

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank hantor0
Reviewed 29 January 2020

ROOM was small but practical. Room looked exactly like in the photos, so we knew it had a small floor plan, but our room had a built-in closet to hang clothes and a drawer under the bed to store things we didn't use often. The desk unit was perfect for organizing our small stuff. Room and bathroom were very clean.
LOCATION is GREAT !!!! Just a 2-minute walk to the Outram MRT which has green line which takes you to the airport (which is great!!!), and the purple line. Also just a 2-minute walk to China town MRT. Location is close to China town, just a couple minutes walking. And really you can walk to all main downtown sites if you don't mind walking a bit. The hotel is in a quite street with little traffic, but seems to be developing in a bar area, with several hotels having patios on the side walk. Some patios have music till about 11 pm or later in weekends, however it's not really loud, and with closed windows this didn't bother us. Also the Hindu temple just 50 m away rings bells at 7:30 am, but again, with closed windows that didn't really keep us awake.
BREAKFAST was fantastic. Breakfast is served on a rooftop patio on 2nd floor. The patio is protected from sun with giant umbrellas, so it's a great space to be outside. The breakfast buffet is very nice, and food was different every morning, with a choice of rice and noodles, chicken and fish, steamed buns, toast, cereals, coffee, fruits, etc. Breakfast service was great and food was added promptly as needed.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Dirkymaster
Reviewed 22 December 2019

Room was very small, there were not even space to open my luggage.
Mold everywhere and extremely noisy. I couldn't sleep.

I forgot my jacket in the room once left and instead of to return it they kept it. I really would love to have it back, please.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Steacas
Reviewed 30 October 2019

Location is excelent in Chinatown in a street full of life and restaurants. The problema comes in weekends when ambience is a little bit too much for rest. Ours room was one with a balcony and soundproof isolation is definitely necessary.
Rooms are really tiny but have all you need including free water and good internet. Shower is caravan style so you wet the toilet when you use it. It dries well afterwards but mind it to leave clothes and necessaires out.
Breakfast is reasonable and included and the space (a small pátio in the first floor is nice).
Staff is nice and helping.
All in all, satisfactory but probably is a better deal in weekdays beacuse of noise.

Room tip: Probably rooms without a balcony are more quiet as the street has plenty of bars and ambience.
Date of stay: October 2019