Stayed recently at ParkRoyal on Beach Road during one of my weekend retreats after reading about the reviews on tripadvisor.com. The hotel is located within close proximity to 2 MRT Stations each between 5-10 minutes away. It is also next to Arab Street and the Golden Mile Hawker Centre where authentic local food could be found in abundance.
Ray who attended to my check-in procedures was professional and helpful. He was kind enough to upgrade me to a club room at level 6 of the hotel. My room 645 was located towards the end of the building. While it did not face the busy Beach Road, it opened straight to a construction site. However, given the very good sound insulation of the room, I wasn't affected at all even though workers were seen working on a Sat afternoon.
My room was spacious and very well maintained. The toiletries was very well stocked. All the lightings in the room worked well and overall, I had a comfortable stay since I spent most of my time in the room to rest. However, the cable TV could benefit from more selection of mandarin and English movie channels.
I didn't find the staffs at level 6 to be particularly friendly compared to the staffs at the check-in counter. The same applied to the bell-boys who wasn't smiling as well. However, I was quite impressed by the attentive service of the restaurant staffs. During breakfast service, one of the nice ladies would go around the tables asking if I would like a coffee or tea refills again and again.
Breakfast was a happy affair where there was a nice selection of buffet items. Was also impressed by the well-maintained swimming pool at level 4 of the property. Again the staffs could be more inviting though.
Overall, my staycation at ParkRoyal was a pleasant one. Nice rooms, nice pools and nice breakfast. Most of the staffs I met were nice with a few exceptions. I would still stay here again in future for the great rooms and nice prices I paid.
Keep it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discerning travellers will enjoy the hospitality and warmth of our 346 rooms and suites. Spacious yet intimate, this Singapore accommodation is perfect for relaxing after a busy day of getting to know the city. Take in the charming views of quaint shophouses and ethnic shophouses from your room. For your utmost comfort, you'll find a range of handy amenities for all your needs - enjoy the in-room entertainment, which includes cable channels and complimentary in-house movie channels, or share the best of your day with family and friends via high-speed broadband Internet access. Let us pamper you whenever you stay in PARKROYAL's stylish hotel rooms in Singapore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your PARKROYAL on Beach Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal On Beach Road Hotel Singapore
- Parkroyal On Beach Road Singapore
- Park Royal Singapore
- Park Royal Hotel Singapore