“Good place to stay for one night”

PARKROYAL on Beach Road
Ranked #69 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Brisbane, Australia
“Good place to stay for one night”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed at the ParkRoyal on Beach Road for one night while I was passing through Singapore on business. I chose the hotel as it was close to my company's office and was easy to get to from the airport downtown area.

While the hotel was fine for what I needed (a place to sleep for a few hours), it wasn't anywhere I would seek out to stay again. It was very run of the mill and didn't really have much of a wow factor to it at all. In saying that the room was comfortable enough and seemed clean.

The breakfast was also a bit of a let down and wasn't worth SGD $38.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Easy_Farva
Marcom_PARKROYAL, Public Relations Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Easy_Farva,

Greetings from PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We would like to thank you for the comments of the general comfort and cleanliness of our guest room and hotel location.

We will endeavour to continue to provide excellent customer service in creating a memorable stay and guest experience at the PARKROYAL on Beach Road.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL on Beach Road soon.

Marketing Communications Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was my second stay at the Parkroyal. After my last visit, I was quite happy to return. My last review described it as a gem on Beach Road and nothing has changed. The staff in the hotel are really welcoming and friendly. The rooms on the club floor are very comfortable.

I booked ahead and got a great rate - I'll be back!

Room Tip: Club floor rooms are very comfortable
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank klkh2002
Marcom_PARKROYAL, Public Relations Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear klkh2002,

Greetings from PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. We would like to thank you for the warm compliments and comments of the hotel, Club room and overall staff services.

Netherlands
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here twice on the way to Thailand and I enjoyed my stay very much. The rooms are quite and the beds are really super comfortable.
You may want to ask for a room with shower (unless you like the bathtub) as the shower is really big and nice.
There is a business centre next to the reception where you can print your boarding pass. And the swimming pool is worth a visit!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank licia_flo
Dear licia_flo,

Greetings from PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore!

Thank you for the warm compliments of our guest room, business centre services and pool facility during recent stay with us.

Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The hotel has a nice ambience, a welcoming aura, and the service was quite good. The hotel also has a security feature where only guests are able to access only their room floors by means of tapping their key card on the reader in the lift.

We tried the room service once at midnight and the delivery was prompt and the food was tolerably good.

There is also complimentary Internet service, both via wifi and via cable. I was able to connect on my smartphone, as well as my netbook.

My friends and I had booked two rooms, but oddly they did not place us on the same floor; we were assigned a room on the 3rd floor, and another on the 4th floor. And the thing is, the room on the 4th floor had a connecting door to the adjoning room, and I don't know why they did not reserve both rooms for us when we had made the booking at the same time. We decided not to kick a fuss though as the room next door was evidently in use.

My major complaint is that the walls were very thin. When I took a nap in the afternoon, I could actually hear the doorbells being rung in OTHER rooms, which was very disturbing. And the afternoon I took a nap, the bells were continuously being rung as one of the other rooms on the same floor had kept asking for extra towels/pillows/etc - I know this because housekeeping rung my bell once by mistake (he was supposed to go to the room OPPOSITE mine). I could also hear the people in the room next to mine talking sometimes.

For some reason, at night it didn't seem to be as bad as during the afternoon.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't come back to the hotel again as I can find other hotels with the same excellent service and thicker walls at the same rate.

Room Tip: Rooms on Level 3 have 2 chairs + a table, whereas rooms on Level 4 have a long couch + sliding table...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Zyen
Marcom_PARKROYAL, Public Relations Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Zyen,

Greetings from PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We would like to thank you for the warm compliments and comments of the guest room, internet/wifi facilities, staff services and room service. We took note of your comments of the noise experience through the walls but we hope that did not deter your sleep at night and also apologize for any incoveniences caused for the noise disturbances.

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

A good class of hotel, with very helpful and friendly staff. Comfortable modern bedroom with all the usual facilities one would expect. Buffet style breakfast with lots of choice to set you up for the day. Make use of the swimming pool complex if you catch a day when the building work next door is not in progress, it was very quiet and relaxing when we were there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joops07
Dear Joops07,

Greetings from PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore!

Thank you for the warm compliments of our staff services, guest room, pool facilities and buffet spread served at the Plaza Brasserie, during recent stay with us.