I booked this hotel because it is a member of the Global Hotel Alliance (of which I am a black card holder) and I am frankly perplxed as to how this hotel became a GHA member as it really isn't up to the usual standards of GHA hotels.
On the upside, the staff are friendly and helpful and service levels are good.
My room was small, very tired and in need of a good deep clean. Sheets were not as clean as they should be and the carpet is past its best. The internet router, stuck to the wall above the desk with sticky tape, was hanging off the wall. The glass-fronted wardrobe has an automatic light that wouldn't switch off until, at 3am having tried to sleep with it on, i managed to jiggle the door sufficiently for the trigger to go off. So I counted the first night as a FAIL.
There is a busy little bar on the ground floor which has a live band and a popular dancefloor with the mostly package tour crowd. it's very noisy and the last place I'd want to go for a nightcap or meet anyone. It's more pub than hotel bar.
Breakfast on the executive floor was included in my rate. It's a pretty mean affair as hotel breakfasts go. As I went to get a glass of orange juice, I tried *five* glasses first before I got one that was clean: the first four were frankly filthy, which suggests that the dishwasher on the 6th floor kitchen needs servicing. Overall I think cleanliness an issue at this property.
This shouldn't be a GHA hotel, in my opinion and I won't be staying there again. In truth, though, I think all the GHA hotel members to be disappointing and, unusually for GHA, far from the best in the city
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discerning travellers will enjoy the hospitality and warmth of our 346 rooms and suites. Spacious yet intimate, this Singapore accommodation is perfect for relaxing after a busy day of getting to know the city. Take in the charming views of quaint shophouses and ethnic shophouses from your room. For your utmost comfort, you'll find a range of handy amenities for all your needs - enjoy the in-room entertainment, which includes cable channels and complimentary in-house movie channels, or share the best of your day with family and friends via high-speed broadband Internet access. Let us pamper you whenever you stay in PARKROYAL's stylish hotel rooms in Singapore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your PARKROYAL on Beach Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal On Beach Road Hotel Singapore
- Parkroyal On Beach Road Singapore
- Park Royal Singapore
- Park Royal Hotel Singapore