I have stayed at the Hilton Singapore several times over the past 10 years and I feel like it's my home away from home. I continue to be amazed that much of the staff that I encounter have remained working with the hotel for quite a long time. I recognized several of the restaurant and lounge wait staff as well as the folks working the front door. To my surprise, a couple of them actually remembered me, even though my last stay was over a year ago! It's nice to be surrounded by some familiarity when traveling 12 time zones away from my real home. I had the pleasure of talking with the front office manager, Nauman Hasan, this time and I promised I would finally write a review. So, my first comment is that the staff are simply wonderful ... attentive to every detail and always with a friendly smile. Housekeeping is immaculate, complete with orchids in the bathroom vase every day. I can't say enough about how great the staff are.
The rooms are comfortable, spacious, and clean. For business I had everything I needed, including a speedy wireless connection. The beds are very comfortable, particularly the duvet blanket. The staff are very discreet. In 2 weeks, I was only in my room one time when the maid knocked to provide turndown service. Other than that, I never saw them in my room. The rooms that face Orchard Road are a little noisier than the ones in the rear. It seems that there is activity on the street at all hours of the night and I could hear occasional commotion even though I was on the 21st floor. It didn't bother me, but if you're particularly sensitive to noise, you might ask for a room that doesn't face Orchard Road.
The breakfast buffet has a great variety with consistent quality. In my case, moderation is needed, since I normally don't eat heavy breakfasts and didn't really want to gain a lot of "travel weight". Most days, I ate a light breakfast in the executive lounge.
The hotel location is very convenient for dining, shopping, and getting around. Several restaurants are located just a short walk away. I particularly enjoyed some of the restaurants in the Ion complex (top floor). For people who don't have the means to be shopping in the high-end retails stores that abound in the area (e.g. Rolex, Gucci, etc.), the more "local" malls Lucky Plaza and Far East are only a few minutes' walk away. If you want to tour the city, a bus stop is located right across the street and a subway station (MRT) is right in the basement of the Ion mall. One thing to keep in mind is that the hotel is directly across the street from Orchard Towers, which is known for it's night-time "working women". They don't really bother you, but don't be surprised if you get some seductive glances and "service offerings" when you're walking the sidewalks at night.
The recreation facilities at the Hilton are good. The gym is clean, convenient, and offers a great array of exercise equipment. A sauna is also available if you like that sort of thing. The pool is a bit small, but the patio is nice, if a bit hot during the day time (as is everywhere outside in Singapore!). The Il Cielo restaurant looks really nice and I've heard the food is excellent, although I didn't eat there.
This hotel is a great choice for a lot of reasons. But, for me, what really stands out as outstanding is the quality of the staff. I'm already looking forward to my next trip to my home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Orchard Road, Singapore's popular entertainment and shopping district, Hilton Singapore is close to both ION Orchard and Takashimaya shopping centers. This award-winning Singapore hotel is a convenient 20-minute drive from Singapore Changi International Airport and close to Singapore's popular attractions. Try the Opus Bar & Grill's prime-cuts that are dry aged in-house for 14 to 36 days and grilled over an open-flame charcoal grill, or sip on a cocktail inspired by Asian food at the bar. For authentic Italian cuisine, il Cielo is known for its high culinary standards using organic produce. Perched on the 24th floor of the hotel, the Sky Bar is the perfect oasis to relax over drinks while taking in sunset views of the city. Revitalize with an organic juice and healthy lunch from the Glow Juice Bar and Cafe. For the sweet-toothed ones, the D9 Cakery offers an impressive six-meter showcase of delicious cakes, pastries and more. Enjoy shopping in luxury boutiques without leaving the hotel in the Shopping Gallery. Stay active during your stay at this Singapore hotel. Swim laps in the rooftop pool, work out in the fully equipped fitness center or indulge in rejuvenating beauty treatments. Make business easy at the Hilton Singapore hotel. Stay connected with colleagues and catch up with work with contemporary business amenities and secretarial services. Hold business meetings or conferences in our versatile meeting rooms accommodating 18-550 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Hilton International Singapore
- Singapore Hilton International