2 people are viewing this hotel
US$48
Booking.comUS$63
Trip.comUS$65
getaroom.comUS$77
All reviews bencoolen street little india bugis market taxi stand bus stop is just budget hotel walking distance mrt station convenient location mini fridge clean hotel rain shower rochor shopping channels cons
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2019 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in the Summer view hotel.
It is approx 7 mins walk to Rochor metro station and ideally located to walk to Little India and the Arab quarter.
The hotel is spotless, room is a little on the small side but that is typical for Singapore.
Staff were great, very helpful and printed out our boarding cards for us.
Breakfast was approx £8 per person if not booked with the room and was adequate. Not lots of choice if you're veggy but toast, baked beans one day and fruit will set you up for a day sightseeing

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colly M
Reviewed 18 April 2019

Summer View Hotel is clean and functional. It is clearly designed for short stays (there is no wardrobe, for example, just a bar for clothes hangers). The staff are friendly and helpful. We arrived early and they kindly made the room available before normal check-in time and a second pillow was readily available. The location is very central: colonial Singapore and museums are at a walkable distance, and there is easy access to the MRT stations.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed 14 April 2019

I tried this place after staying at another very well-known but now-shabby budget hotel in the Bugis area. The Summer View's deluxe rooms with a street view are on the small side, but sparkling clean.

The big advantage is the location on Bencoolen St.; a few minutes from the Rochor MRT station, a few minutes farther to Bugis station. Two main bus stops are just across the street, as is the busy Albert food court, where I went for breakfast. The hotel offers breakfast and lunch service.

The National Museum is within walking distance, as is Bugis Village and its shopping malls. I've even walked back from the National Gallery.

The staff are helpful with info about which buses to take to get to Chinatown and destinations such as the Asian Civilizations Museum.

The hotel is on the route of the shuttle bus from the airport, which stops in front of it, and it has a taxi stand as well. I plan to stay there again on my next visit.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank blokototerminous
Reviewed 9 April 2019 via mobile

I discovered Summer View Hotel in Instagram. It was a chic hotel with a modern look, clean lines, relaxing color scheme of brown and white and modest amenities. I especially enjoyed the happy tray complete with chips, cup noodles and tissue, which were all for free. Basic amenities were present. As a Christian, I was amazed to see a Bible in the desk. The location is convenient as it is near Rochor and Bencoolen stations, as well as walking distance to Bugis area. A huge kudos to the Housekeeping for always keeping the room clean (I stayed for 5 days). Value for money and well recommended. I will definitely stay here again next time I go to SG.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Kellysupergirl
Reviewed 2 April 2019

The hotel is surrounded by anything you need for daily amenities; 7-11, halal local and fast food restaurants (good news for Muslim travelers!), and MRT station (Rochor St.) are just a walk away.

Bugis Street, Little India, Kampung Glam can be reached by foot if you decide to enjoy the environment around instead of taking MRT.

The staffs were super nice. Especially the receptionist man who always smiling and willing to help. And also the lady at the hotel cafe. I was touched that she was very considerate to tell me that the meals prepared at that time were halal/Muslim friendly, so I wouldn't be worried. Thanks! Shout out to them.

Date of stay: March 2019