2 people are viewing this hotel
US$52
Booking.comUS$66
Trip.comUS$57
getaroom.comUS$82
All reviews bencoolen street little india bugis market taxi stand bus stop is just budget hotel walking distance mrt station convenient location mini fridge clean hotel rain shower rochor shopping channels cons
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2021

Room is clean and big . But next day after reach home found alot of bites on my shoulder and leg . And have email to the hotel as I suspect is bed bugs and they have call for the pest control to solve the issues. Other than that all is good. Staff is very friendly too .

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

3 star hotel with 5 star services. Staff were nice and friendly. Thanks the staff who is working on 28-29 May for me. Check in and out were fast and easy. Unlike one of the 4 star hotel I book days before. Slow service.

Room
I don’t really mind the size of any room from any hotel as long as it is clean. And guess what, this hotel is very clean. Small but nice and clean. It look new. Bed is comfy and sheet is clean. Toilet is simple and nice too.

My house is under renovation so i’ve been staying at a few hotels here and there. This is the cheapest and yet the best. I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Keep up the good work and the cleaniness.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2021

I had a few weeks’ stay with Summer View Hotel recently and would definitely recommend this cosy hotel in a central location to those seeking a reasonably priced accommodation in Singapore.

I had booked to stay in 2020 but wasn’t able to travel to Singapore due to the pandemic. The hotel, (esp. Rita, who has sadly left), was really helpful and allowed me to change my reservation twice due to the evolving Covid situation. This was much appreciated and when we had to travel to Singapore this year due to family reasons, I was happy to be able to book additional weeks with the hotel.

We had a friendly and warm welcome by Emily at check in, and we were upgraded, which was great. The room was facing the main road and was clean, spacious and cosy, and the bathroom was a good size. There were tea/ coffee making facilities as well as free bottled water, if required. There was a fridge and safe in the room which was convenient.

The location of the hotel is really good – it’s near 4 MRT stations, namely Bugis on the E-W line, and Rochor, Jalan Besar, Bencoolen on the Downtown line. The Little India station on the Downton and NEL lines was a bit more of a walk but not too far away. The location allowed easy access to explore City Hall and Orchard on top of other areas mentioned near the MRT stations. It’s also very near NAFA, so there are many interesting things around the area, including various exhibitions and street art.

Service of the staff is excellent – as mentioned the hotel was flexible and understanding when we had to amend the booking on a couple of occasions. Emily, Scor and Wendy were also very helpful when we had requests during the stay, such as printing out emails, booking a cab, etc. The aircon was a bit temperamental so changing it to higher temperatures didn’t seem to affect the warmth of the room – in fact, it felt colder! Staff were informed and this was promptly checked by maintenance and rectified.

Housekeeping is fantastic – the room is always very well cleaned and tidy. Towels were replaced and toiletries and toilet paper were regularly replenished so we never had to request for these items (not always the case in ‘posher’ hotels). The housekeeping team were also very prompt in providing extras requested, such as an iron and ironing board and an extra chair.

Two areas of improvement would be if there was more storage available within the room – such as shelves/ receptacles so suitcases can be emptied. On some days, breakfast was available with the room rate, at a café which is situated on the ground floor of the hotel. There was only Western-style breakfasts available and the portions were a bit small. As the hotel is near Albert Centre food centre, it made more sense for us to dine out most of the time, as opposed to waiting for the breakfast at the hotel which started at 7.30am.

All in all, a very pleasant stay at the Summer View Hotel, which we would definitely want to return to in future. If you are looking for a friendly and warm establishment in a central location, at a reasonable price, then this is the place for you!

Thank you once again to the lovely team

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 30 March 2021 via mobile

We use the promotion under SRV given by Singapore Govt to locals. For that voucher value, we managed to get a night at this hotel. In terms of pricing, it’s not cheap.

Pros - pretty clean hotel in terms of image (not like those motels), we feel safe as compared to other motels around that area. I did ask, they didn’t serve SHN guests. Which I think at least we know we won’t accidentally meet any possible carriers. The aircon is good, I love cold weather especially hot in Singapore. Our twin beds are comfortable not too soft type but only one pillow provided. So I folded it into half and use my scarf to wrap it like a cover. There’s complimentary bottle water (2 per day), mini fridge is chilled type and it’s empty so I can put my drinks in. Shower - there overtop rain shower and moveable shower head. So good as can wash feet without wetting whole body. Wifi in our room was good, speed was good.

Cons - not used to don’t have face towel and hand towels. Only provided with bath towel. No tissue box which I find weird. We stay in corner area but still can hear moving furniture from other room and upstairs. The corridor light still able to penetrate into our room through the door frame. So I had problem to sleep as I didn’t bring my sleep eye masks. My room view was facing aircon compressor of other rooms but good thing my room not road facing. There’s a tv with some basic channels but I didn’t find the tv programme guide so we had to switch channel by channel trial and error.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MOUSE A
Reviewed 11 December 2020

Came here for my staycation during the December break. Upon arrival, the lobby looked nice but when we went into the room, the place looked dirty and underwhelming. We tried connecting our switch and computer to the TV but it didn’t work. The phone operator wasn’t responsive when we tried to get help. When leaving the hostel, the security at the counter insisted on checking out my room for any ‘extra’ guests and were telling us off for leaving the air con on. Never returning to this place. Come at your own risk.

Date of stay: December 2020