“Good but nothing inventive”

Latteria Mozzarella Bar
Ranked #269 of 12,099 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 25 October 2017

We went there cos most of the restaurant in the area were closed on a Sunday night. The menu is large but nothing impressive on it. As nothing attracted us in the main section we decided to share different starter. Most of the starter are made with mozzarella (mozza bar) and they all seem the same without much imagination. Dishes were good but made me feel they were overpriced. From an italian restaurant/bar i would have expected more originality in the dishes.
Wine selection was fine and we enjoyee a good Chianti. We overall spent a good evening but even if we had a good food quality, i rate only 3 stars because of the selection of dishes.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We have been to Latteria three times now and always enjoy the food and service
Went today to try their brunch option which is based on a sharing concept
The food was well presented and very tasty as always with a selection of appetisers,mains and deserts
All good though for those who don’t have a sweet tooth there needs to be a savoury desert option say a cheese platter

The free flow Prosecco was very good value at 20$ a head
Daniel was an excellent host and prepared a special desert for my wife’s birthday

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We were there either on 2nd Sept. My daughter was visiting from Melbourne and we decided to take her to Latteria Mozza. The Burrata was fantastic as always. My husband ordered the Scampi for the main course. When the dish arrived there was no meat in the scampi and the shell was dry. My husband called a waiter to tell him that there was no meat in the scampi and the waiter said "This is what Scampi is" Having lived in Australia for many years and have eated Scampi almost every week, we felt disappointed with the attitude. Not a word of sorry -nothing

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Some friends suggested to have dinner here on a weekday. Surprisingly full, with many Westerners and almost no locals. Place was a bit loud to have a decent conversation, although outdoors, but ambience was nice.

Food ordered was Gnocchi with Truffle Oil. Not easy to find good gnocchi in the region, and this one passed. But other than that nothing too special. I did hope for a bit more for a relatively pricey menu.

Staff were friendly and overall service was good.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

When a bunch of friends dragged me to this joint I feared the worst. Mozzarella in Singapore outside a mall under scorching heat and humidity? Actually this place sports eight or nine different mozzarella presentations all of them surprisingly good. The rest of the fare is correct. Wonderful outside sitting was it not for the 90% humidity