“Sticky bedsheets and horrible service”
Review of Kam Leng Hotel

Kam Leng Hotel
Ranked #274 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed for one night on 31 Dec 2016. when we reached the room, we realised that the bedsheets and pillow cases were sticky so we called the reception and they sent a housekeeper to attend to our complaint. When she came, she was extremely rude and insisted that the sheets were fresh and said that we will need to wait for 20mins for her to change both the bedsheets and pillow cases. The changed sheets were so much better. We're not accusing her or the hotel of giving used sheets but her defensive attitude and customer service could have been better.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unmaksed14

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Probably the best value in town but it wears thin after a few nights. First night we were at the front of the hotel and the stree noise and local construction was deafeining. The bed was tired and the air con was noisy. We moved to another room and all of those things were a bit better but still not much. Bearly a 3 star but it is in a really quaint part of town and transport from here is very easy. Lots of great local eateries around but a bit of a trip to get to any shopping or main attractions. That is were the convenient access to bus and train (or Uber) comes in handy. Don't stay too long and the unique and quaint feel starts to rub off and give way to a sore back and not enough sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are less noisy
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2016

My room wasn't ready when I arrived at 10.30am to check-in at Kam Leng Hotel. The young man at Reception offered an upgrade at a certain price. I declined and went out and returned at 1pm to get the Cabin room I booked.

It was on the ground floor and first impressions were not positive. No wardrobe, but there was a very high shelf and rack to hang clothes. It was so high I couldn't reach the bath towels on top of it. Amenities were not in the best condition, with scuff marks, paint chipped off furniture and everything seemed a little run down. The room safe had a low battery warning message, and the mini fridge could have been cleaned a little better.

The bathroom seemed to be a disability access room with grab bars over the toilet. The tiles were showing signs of extensive mould and it wasn't a pleasant room at all. There were wall-mounted dispensers of shampoo and body wash but no soap for the bathroom basin.

The bed was extremely soft and comfortable and I slept well both nights. The room air-conditioning was very cool and I wasn't disturbed by any outside noise. I only paid Au$62.40 a night (Sgd$65.30) and was glad I hadn't paid any more than that for the room I got. I'm trying out quite a few smaller budget hotels in Singapore for my regular visits, but I won't be returning to Kam Leng.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights last nov5 to 7. Advantage was just in front of this hotel is a bus stop. And has a lot of food resto near the place. Bugis street is also near from the place. The hotel is really good and cheap although they have small rooms. But over all was awesome! I can recommend this to my other friends too :) the front desks are also helpful.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

location is about 8mins walk from lavender mrt and 6 mins walk from city square mall station and mustafa center...

Pros: 1. 7-11 infront
2. 24 hour restaurant (cheap) right across the street (sumptous restaurant)
3. bus station right infront of the hotel (bus 857) that takes you to the city center
4. no breakfast but at < 70 usd per night , no rooms for complaints
5. front desk staff are all helpful
6. bottled water is refilled everyday
7. big rooms with big toilet can accomodate 2 adults and 2 small kids (my personal account)...

cons:
1.room clean up: SO, SO..
the guy who is assigned on sundays to clean up DOESNT clean up the room and only changes the towel, even if u put the "please clean up room sign"... while the buss girl/ woman is more courteous and industrious..

this is my second time in kam leng and will come back again... i hope they will improve in the room clean up department though...

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family