All reviews lavender mrt mrt station cleaning staff jalan besar toothbrush executive
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

The hotel is easy to locate. The receptionist is very accommodating. We arrived at the hotel early and we were able to leave our luggages at the counter. It made our strolling easy without the heavy luggages.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Minkieyap
Reviewed 29 October 2019

I read some reviews about the smell in the rooms and as it turns out, they were all true. My room smelt worse than a public lavatory. I asked front desk to do something about it. They said they would get housekeeping to put something down the drains for the smell. That didn't happen. I came soo close to just checking out and finding another hotel. Instead, I bought a heap of airfreshner to keep spraying the room. I then tried placing the bath towells over the bathroom drains, but even that didn't help much. It is a permanent smell that can't be shifted. Yes, the hotel is old, the sheets are threadbare, but the toilet smell is unforgivable. I wont be staying here again and cannot recommend this hotel. There are plenty of other good stays around Singapore at a good price. For travellers using public transport, there are plenty of buses across the road, but Jalan Besar is a one way street, so getting back to the hotel is a bit tricky and involves some walking, or MRT + Bus to get back. My best advice with this hotel is to save your money.

Room tip: A room at the rear of the property cuts out traffic noise from the busy road outside. Dont know if other rooms are smelly.
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank melissadj1
Reviewed 16 October 2019 via mobile

One of cheap hotel I can found in Singapore, but I don't think it's a good choice. It's a renovated old hotel and had Instagramable photos on the internet, but the room didn't have good smell, it was wet and damp smell. The ambiance was dark and a little bit creepy in the corridor. Staff was friendly and helpful.

But I was spending most of my days outside, so it was okay. The hotel located near bus stops and MRT station. Mini market located accros the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank nadafadhila
Reviewed 2 October 2019

The answer is shabby. The hotel is a low price hotel (for Singapore) within walking distance to 3 subway stations. That's the best that can be said about this hotel.
The rooms are dirty, small and dark. The windows are in fact shutters sealed shut. We moved from a room at the front of the building as it was so noisy. The room we were then given was at the back and much quieter but we had to pay a small upgrade fee.
Overall the rooms and communal areas are dirty. Not untidy dirty.

Room tip: View the room before accepting it.
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

Room was okay for two people for one night stay. It needs an upgrade. Old hotel with decent amenity. Wifi was reliable.

A bit of walk to Bendemeer MRT station. 24 hours food court is nearby and also 7/11 mini market.

Date of stay: September 2019