“Quaint Place with Awesome Coffee”

Jimmy Monkey cafe & bar
Ranked #47 of 340 Coffee & Tea in Singapore
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Nestled in the lush greenery of one-north, built within historic old army barracks, Jimmy Monkey is certainly a gem sparkling in nature. The décor at jimmy monkey boasts of raw and deconstructed elegance. Exposed beams and brickwork of the old original army barracks against new age furniture and equipment set the atmosphere of rustic urbanization. The visual spectacle of coffee beans roasted, ground and made into a fresh cup of coffee can be observed at the Barista’s Bench, as trained baristas will pull shot after shot from the SlayerTM.Grab scrumptious brunch on the weekends, or lazy morning breakfasts in the weekdays. Delectable lunch and dinner served everyday too. Kick back, unwind, surf - all with your beverage of choice: coffee, tea, some wine and beer.
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Decided to try a new place for brunch and checked out Jimmy Monkey cafe & bar. The food was good and the coffee was awesome!

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I met up here with 5 friends for a Saturday brunch. We were told by the people at the cafe that they didn't have seats available at first. When asked how long they would think it would take the waitress at the door couldn't give me an answer. It seemed like she couldn't care less whether she had customers or not. We were instead sent to the other cafe opposite to Jimmy Monkey, also fine, although they have to bring the food from the one place to the other. My other friend who came a couple of minutes later went to the actual Jimmy Monkey, where plenty of seats were available. Had the waitress told me this before I would have just waited there, also because the environment at the actual cafe is nicer than the one on the opposite side of the street. Eventually we can move to the actual cafe.

The moment we sit down we have to ask the staff for menus. Later they come back and say you need to order at the bar. Instead of also mentioning that you need to pay while ordering etc, they don't inform us about anything at all. Water, which was served to all other customers by the waiters once they came in, was something we had to get ourselves...

Finally we received the food, which was good, but not great. The avocado toast is nice, but nothing very special. Same goes for the coffee, which was good but not fantastic.

Overall I was mostly disappointed by the lack of service provided by the employees, who were just standing around and not really doing their job.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Nice wee place to break a fast, with good ambiance (although a little dark) and wide selection of menu items.
Coffee is high quality.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Went for a lazy sunday brunch. The coffee was great, one of the best flat whites that ive had. My husband had a large cooked breakfast whilst I choose the advocado mashed on sour bread. Both were delicious. Staff attentive, calm and relaxed atmosphere just as we needed for sunday morning. Quirky inside which we love. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Been going to Jimmy Monkey for about 2.5 years now. Love the deco and layout of their cosy cafe. Popular with expats. Food is also very tasty. My favourite is The Hulk. A bit on the high side price wise but I absolutely love it! Service has always been great all the times we have been there. Staff are friendly and always say goodbye to you when you are leaving.