10 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$150
Expedia.comUS$151
getaroom.comUS$194
4,698 results
All reviews lime restaurant orchid club eco friendly hotel hanging gardens champagne breakfast junior suite clarke quay infinity pool beautiful hotel the club lounge close to china town welcome drink chinatown mrt station evening cocktails business district business trip premier room
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Booked through Booking.com and sent a couple of e-mail enquiring if it was possible to have an early check in seeing that our flight arrived at 08:00, unfortunately never received a reply to the e-mails and thus we did not know until actually arriving at the hotel whether we could check in or not, luckily we could, but a short e-mail to acknowledge would have been appreciated.
We spent a few extra $$ to have access to the Club Lounge, though to be honest I did not find it worth while, afternoon tea/coffee was just that, with a few finger sandwiches, a bit sparse to say the least and the hostesses dressed in a rather "massage parlour" uniform was weird to say the least.
Champagne breakfast......actually quite normal breakfast and you have to ask for the champagne.
Rooms are good and spacious and the one redeeming factor for the hotel was the sleep quality which I have to say is excellent.
Yes the location is good but then again so many hotels in Singapore have good location that I do not see that as being a deciding factor.....
By the way it is also a truly "Non Smoking" Hotel which means that if you want to smoke you have to go outside, along the pavement to where there is an ashtray, sorry but at this level of hotel there should be at least one area within it confines where you can smoke.
Sorry to say but I was not impressed with the hotel overall...sorry

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Raphael D, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback has been forwarded to the online booking portal and rest assured that I will be following up on this personally.I have also shared your feedback with the Orchid Club team for their review and it is only through feedback like yours that we are able to constantly adapt and improve our services. I value your patronage and hope to welcome you back in the future for a more successful experience. Hans

Reviewed 28 January 2014

A stunning hotel that lived up to its name and the photos we had seen. The ground floor reception, bar and restaurant is both busy, but also relaxing, with cocoon chairs or couches to sit on and relax, meet friends, or just gaze outside at the water feature garden. Checking in was efficient and easy, with a cool drink offered on arrival. The hotel is on the fringe of Chinatown and is also a short stroll to Clarke quay.

The room was small but large enough for 2 with a huge King bed, lovely bathroom and space for luggage. The bathroom had a bath, plus shower and toilet space, but the glass division between shower and toilet took some getting used to. There was a multitude of energy saving light settings and control panel functions for the blinds and air con that took some getting used to. The greenery with plants and bushes outside the room with flowing water was also stunning.

The swimming pool on level 5 is stunning, with sun beds, and then the famous bird cages for relaxing in next to and above the water. The infinity pool looks out over the city buildings. The buffet breakfast was huge, and I recommend buying a ticket the night before, as the price was reduced by about 30%. The selections were the usual western cereals, toast and hot foods, but also there were Asian delights like dumplings, rice and wontons. As usual in Singapore, alcoholic cocktails and drinks were expensive, but that's to be expected at a hotel like this.

Overall, a hotel that exceeded our expectations, for a relaxing time in Singapore.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear adelaideguy99, thank you for your glowing review. It is my pleasure to have you and your partner as our guest and I am happy to read that we exceeded your expectation. The team at PARKROYAL on Pickering looks forward to welcoming you back for another refreshing experience in the near future! Hans

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We came to Singapore on the 30th Dec for a family cruise on the Mariner of the seas. Selected the Parkroyal on Pickering for our stay (total 6 days in two stints). Apart from a couple of small glitches during the booking phase and my son being given two single beds when he was supposed to get a King bed, everything else was 'top shelf'. Great location, Great staff and a Great atmosphere.
The staff at the concierge were always very helpful - couldnt do enough for us. The staff in the dining room were welcoming and eager to please. Special thanks to the young chef at the juice station for his efforts in providing me and my wife freshly squeezed pure lemon juice every morning.
There were 14 adults and 5 children in our party that stayed at this hotel, and everyone of us enjoyed our stay. Highly recommended.

Room tip: If your finances permit, choose a junior suite for that little extra luxury. We had City view Superior rooms and suites. All very happy with the size and views.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear The8Fischers, thank you for the wonderful review and in particular for acknowledging the efforts of our concierge and culinary team. I am happy to read that the entire family had a great time staying with us and I forward to your next visit. Hans

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel looks impressive and has all the benefits of a new hotel. We received a refreshing drink whilst waiting to check in and service was efficient and friendly. The hotel is in a good spot - perfect for exploring china town, but only 10 minutes or so to the river with lots of bars and restaurants.

Our room was OK - small, but functional with plenty of storage and a good shower. However, it smelled of damp. Probably because of the water in the corridor walkway and just outside the window (we were on floor 6). I even found some kind of millipede (apologies for spelling) walking along the floor. The smell was quite off putting.

My husband managed to connect to the free internet easily. Free is a good benefit. However, I couldn't on my ipad. I called reception and they said they would investigate and call back. Over half an hour later, they did call, but only to confirm they didn't know what the issue was. By which time I found the issue - it was very slow! That was the first query and poor service received.

We didn't want a big breakfast and so ordered something small from room service by hanging the card outside the door well before the 2am deadline. The corridor outside is very windy being exposed and I did think at the time the card might blow away. So I wasn't surprised no breakfast arrived the next day. I called 15 minutes after the time specified and explained nothing had arrived. I was told no problem, reception would case this up and if the card was lost, they would call back and take the order. We didn't get a call back.

As we were on a short trip, I didn't want to wait around all morning. We went down to reception and checked out. I mentioned then what had happened and stated that we've now had nothing to eat before sight seeing - wondering in perhaps they would organise something - like one of the muffins at the bar? Instead we were informed that breakfast is closed now - sorry. That seemed to be the best they could do.

Some plus points on service is concierge and also the fact you can use the well equipped showers by the pool to get ready before a long flight if you've been sight seeing all day - a nice bonus. The bar area is small downstairs, but serves nice drinks in a professional manner.

Overall, this hotel seems good as long as everything is going well and you have no queries. The lack of service and smell let it down for us.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from water features.
1  Thank TAfan2012

Dear Jenny F, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the negative experiences. I greatly appreciate the honesty of your remarks and have shared your feedback with the team for their immediate review. I value your patronage and hope to welcome you and your partner back to PARKROYAL on Pickering in the future for a more successful experience. Hans

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights while en route to Bali and it was a lovely stop over after a long flight! The hotel is very modern, clean and comfortable. The room we stayed in was lovely and had a nice view over the city. We had dinner in the hotel one night we stayed there and it was nice, not amazing, but nice... The breakfast was much nicer! A huge selection of food was available with a lot of it cooked fresh.
We only briefly visited the pool and it was very nice. We weren't staying in Singapore long enough to spend time lazing about the pool but the short time there was very enjoyable!!
If we were to go back to Singapore again I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear IrelandLaura, I am happy to read that you enjoyed yourself but it's a pity that you didn't stay long enough to unwind in one of our popular pool cabanas. A big thank you from us once again for the positive review and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel-in-a-garden. Hans