PARKROYAL on Pickering
The Quay Hotel(Singapore)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
3,386 results
All reviewslime restaurantorchid clubeco friendly hotelhanging gardensnight blindsinfinity poolclarke quayjunior suitechampagne breakfastbeautiful hotelchinatown pointthe club loungewelcome drinkclose to china townchinatown mrtfloor to ceiling windowsevening cocktails
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Interesting hotel with some green foundations or credentials which some people are sceptical about. I love the location of this hotel as there is so much around within touching distance. Clark Quay, China Town, Club Street, Lau Pa Sat and the Bay a short distance away. Loved the fact there was a complimentary shuttle to MBFC.

The room I stayed on the 8th floor was a bit disappointing as a business traveller from the UK. There isn't enough clothes hanging space and the lighting could be a lot better, particularly around the resting area of my suitcase right by the door. Also being by the balcony meant an immediate blast of heat as soon as I got out of the room, quite uncomfortable I would say, particularly in a suit. Hope those at the front desk can consider this for business travellers arriving from colder climes.

Whilst not so relevant considering my purpose of visit, the pool had no direct sunlight and the gym is on the small side.

Otherwise all the staff are very helpful, welcoming and pleasant. They go the extra mile to ensure the guests are looked after. You can't put a price on that. Hope Pan Pacific can learn from this. My favourites were Sally and Twinkle at the Lime restaurant, pure class and control.

I will come and visit again and will perhaps experience some of the better rooms.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Nnamdi N
Tina_PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear Nnamdi N, here at PARKROYAL on Pickering, we take pride in delivering genuine, relaxed and personalised service. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts by sharing your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. Sally and Twinkle were also excited to hear that they have left such a positive impression. The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back for another memorable hotel experience. Tina

Reviewed 18 March 2017

I was booked to stay at the Park Royal on the pickering, and what a pity it was for one night only.

All I can say about this hotel, this property and this design is………. Wow!!
Am sure we all suffer the wear out which ever means of inbound transport we use (in my case I have tried air as well as ferry) and the taxi ride after that to the hotel where one is booked seems never ending. In this case all my exhaution was poofed into thin air the moment my taxi turned into the drop off porch of the Park Royal. There it was, right in front of me, all that I had read or heard about it was right there in front of my eyes and like wow!.

Its really a superb property, and a lot of credit goes to the Singaporean hospitality style and professionalism too (what lovely, well trained pleasing staff. Each one of them.)

I checked in at past noon hours, earlier than the usual check in times as per the rules, but my check in was handled with such an ease and comfort that all the exhaustion in the mind was taken away. Did not even have to make a request if they could get me the room before time, in fact was greeted with a smile and a suggestion/ consideration that I must be tired from the journey and the room is all set and ready to receive me. There was a genuine concern that wish I was staying with them longer. Maybe it was part of good training, but it did make one feel wanted and well taken care of.

The room was wonderful, high on design and luxury. More than anything, it was very comfortable. There was an element in this room that was not the usual typical hotel room where you have the wardrobe set on one side and the bathroom door on the other as you enter the aisle.

It was a totally open room with only the WC set behind a sliding door for privacy. No, I don’t mean its a funky all open type rooms that a lot of hotels do without consideration for the users privacy and apprehension. There were a set of sliding door aligned in such a way that if one needed a complete closed bathroom, one could easily do, and by easily I mean even a fragile lady could easily pull the smooth sliders to enclose the bathroom if needed.
What a brilliant idea and a breather from the many many typical rooms one has seen one after the other. The technology and the facilities I wouldn’t talk about as being in singapore and in such a property, the tops is a normal thing. All put together very high on presentation with no compromise on comfort. Brilliant!

The Park Royal on the Pickering is a property extremely concious about the enviornment and high on conservation and awareness. The design reflects that to the core, the use of green blending into the building, no matter what floor you are on. There are green terraces and gardens incorporated into the building so that is doesn’t feel that u are in a tall hi rise building.

Being in the middle of the busy Singapore hi building jungle, what an interesting way to deal with it and bring a fantastic breather to the users of the building.

Sudden change of a carpeted room corridor into an outdoor balcony walkway with view of green terraces and shafts laden with vertical greens covering the walls form a fantastic view as well as a pleasing experience as one walks to and from the rooms.

The pool deck with the sit-in cabanas near the pool, the gym and the walks on level 5 and for that matter on every floor all put together create a whole new experience seen in this hotel building.

The services, the staff, the buffet, the public spaces to use or just sit and absorb it all are all knit together well. The use of water and the greens is very well coordinated and the bling & plushness of being a top hotel property is just right, no more no less.

Overall it was a very good stay and I sincerely wished I had more days to be a part of this porperty.

Cheers Park Royal team. Keep it up!

Room Tip: If get a chance spend a couple of days here and explore every corner of the property.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Looknfeel
Tina_PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Dear Looknfeel, thank you for such a comprehensive report card for our hotel-in-a-garden! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed a memorable hotel experience and I appreciate you taking the time to recommend our hotel by sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. Here's hoping that you will be back to stay with us again, and preferably for a longer duration next time round. Tina

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Have stayed at Parkroyal on Pickering a number of times and always delighted. It is simply an exceptional hotel. Environmentally sensitive, customer oriented, fabulous timber themed rooms, well equipped gym, and the buffet for breakfast lunch and dinner is beyond words. Excellent location a couple of blocks from Chinatown.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mariner59, thank you for the 5-star review and positive comments. I'm happy to hear that our PARKROYAL people took good care of you during your recent stay, and we will most certainly be looking forward to your next visit. Tina

Reviewed 18 March 2017

I regularly stay at this hotel for its location, price and a decent sized pool. The hotel is comfortable and the service is excellent. The rooms are compact but idea for business. However it is starting to get tired and signs of wear and tear are beginning to appear. I suggest when visiting Singapore, one shops around for the best rate. When I was there last week the Fullerton was just $30 more expensive.

Room Tip: If you are a couple be prepared to 'share bathroom experiences'!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group
Tina_PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Stephen E, I'm glad you took the time to let us know about your recent experience. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the overall service rendered by our team, the infinity pool and convenient locale. I have also forwarded your concerns to the relevant departments for their immediate review. Thank you for your continued support and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back for another stay soon. Tina

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a week on working trip from 12th to 17th Mar.

Hotel is well located with a park across the road and a mall, Chinatown Point behind it.

Check-in was prompt with nice refreshing welcome drink.

Room is clean spotless. Kudos to housekeeping as I rate highly for cleanliness. Window blinds are automated thus very convenient. It block out the sunlight well.

Bath shower room is spacious and the shower jet is excellent with hot water.

Coffee machine works well. Ample drinking water provided every day.

Calls and requests were answered and attended to promptly. Staff addressed guest by name. Thumb up.

Breakfast selection at Lime restaurant is great. Fresh fruit juices, egg benedict, Japanese food and many more. Staff, Sally remembers my name and truly remember my beverage choice every morning.

Reception staff, Christina or Christine greets with warm sincere smile every morning when I go for morning jog.

Concierge staff remembers my destination every morning. Amazing staff.

Will stay again when in Singapore for next trip.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear KinSeng, it's always a joy to hear from our happy guests. Here at PARKROYAL on Pickering, we take great pride in providing genuine, relaxed and personalised service, and I am very proud of our team for delivering on the promise. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts by sharing your positive experience on Tripadvisor. We hope to remain your hotel of choice the next time you're back in Singapore, be it for business or leisure. Tina