“Best steak in the world”

The Tavern Restaurant
Ranked #1,346 of 11,280 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Tavern offers Swiss & Continental Cuisine in an intimate and relaxed Swiss Chalet-inspired corner shop-house at River Valley Road near the Mohamed Sultan Road junction.
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

My Husband and I came here for dinner. We had soups and main course only. Food was superb and portions very big. The steak fillet and tenderloin were grilled to perfection, the way we wanted. Very fresh ingredients were used. Even the house bread was warm and soft and very tasty. Very good value for money and excellent service.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

I have been going to The Tavern for nearly 20 years and went back again last night. raclette was very good as was the veal Zurich style. I was part of a large group and we all enjoyed it. Good wine list.
Staff are long term employees - friendly and reliable.
Worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Tavern is one of best restaurant in Singapore, especially the steaks , pan fried grouse livers and tiramisu, I tried many many times in many many days, but no time disappoint me.. It's really great with atmosphere, everybody should visit the tavern..

Reviewed 12 August 2015

Had dinner last week. Was surprised with the excellent service. The restaurant has been around for 21 years as mentioned by Marc who waited on us. A little X. $ but was worth when i think of it. My girlfriend thought he was cute. I presume he is the manager or some sort. Food was fantastic so we'll be back for sure

Reviewed 30 July 2015

From outside you would never know the quality which is inside.
I have visited Mr.Poh's restaurant several times and always had the steak - for which the restaurant is quite famous.
It is expensive - but you see the fresh meat before it is cut - and you choose yourself the size :-)
Highly recommendable if you're a meat lover and want only the best .......

1  Thank PolarbearDK