Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
US$80
View deal
ZenHotels.com
US$65
View deal
StayForLong
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews joo chiat pleasant stay enjoyed my stay hotel staff early check supermarket cleanliness kettle staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2019

This hotel is beyond awful. Well let’s start with the good, the bed is comfy and the room is clean. That’s it! Now the bad, The room is tiny and the bathroom is designed for a baby, I barely had place for my legs when I was sitting on the toilet. The staff at the hotel were beyond rude and didn’t care about the guest, no “good morning” or any sort of greeting when you walk past reception and they don’t even bother helping with your bags or opening the door. Even for a budget hotel this is terrible.

Another thing was that I wanted my friend to come up to my room and she didn’t have her ID on her so they wouldn’t let her upstairs because they needed to “register” her. The room is mine why on earth can’t they let me bring in a guest, like I told the staff she forgot her ID at home and she couldn’t go back to get it

I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone! Rather spend a little more money and go elsewhere

Room tip: Never stay here.
Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CustomerCare_Azmi, Guest Relations Manager at Venue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2019

Dear Nomad44141487351,

We apologise if the services rendered to you were less than satisfactory. Indeed we do not have a porter service but as we recalled, our available colleague manning the front desk during your point of check-in did assist you with the door and our luggage cart is available for use. We register all guests just in case of any unforeseen emergency to better facilitate the local authorities.

Reviewed 22 April 2019

Superb reception staff on arrival and through out our stay. clean rooms and excellent value for money. Hawker food court nearby and bus stop near to catch to Orchard Road area and Clarke Quay. Loved the area as its so contrasting from the ultra modern centre. Will stay again x

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2019

Smooth check in. Friendly and welcoming staff. Room is alright although the tray used to display the cups and tea sachets was very dusty. Pillow is too flat to our liking. Clean toilet. Location of the hotel is strategic and convenient to grab any food or visit any pub.

Room tip: Please dust off the areas that's very obvious for hygiene reason.
Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CustomerCare_Azmi, Guest Relations Manager at Venue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2019

Dear Voyager06729312346,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your input and will work harder to better improve the room services.

Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

If you are looking for a decent price no frills hotel this is the place. The room is small with no view but a huge mirror covering the entire wall. But I walked in and asked for a single room at 5am so am glad they actually had an available room. The receptionist doesn’t make small talk and processed the check in in less than 5 mins. I was exhausted and am glad the staff didn’t make me wait. Bed had a stale smell but you get used to it. They had the basic amenities of a hotel room, providing you with 3 different kinds towels. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, body lotion, shower cap, toothpaste and brush were also provided. Plus mineral water, complimentary tea. Couldn’t ask for more. Toilet is a bit tight due to space constraints but if you are there for a night’s sleep this is a good hotel. Checkout was painless and within 5 seconds.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank BaeSuzy

Dear BaeSuzy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Reviewed 21 January 2019

Superb place to stay specially if ur single, rooms are small though but well maintained and the best available at the rates charged by the Hotel, simply superb, must try budget hotel 5 star facilities. Staff are also very helpful and very well behaved.

Date of stay: November 2018

Dear Extraordinary690844,

We are glad you had a great stay with us. We hope to welcome you back with us.