“Unprofessional / Dishonest Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Bali

Blue Bali
Ranked #319 of 10,518 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$18 - US$36
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Balinese restaurant bar situated on the edge of Singapore's iconic World Heritage Botanic Gardens. Dining is in a cluster of Javanese Joglos (pavilions) and Lesehans (traditional) Balinese seating sitting on the floor with cushions. Other seating available, daybeds, low chairs and standard dining tables and chairs. The garden is very lush and adorned with Balinese carvings and statues. Ideal location for romantic dinners, groups of friends business dinners, meetings, corporate events and seminars (we have indoor seminar rooms) and weddings. The atmosphere is casual yet smart depending on the occasion. The natural environment coupled with the Balinese culture gives one the impression you are really in Bali, the Island of the Gods.
Quito, Ecuador
“Unprofessional / Dishonest Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2017

One of my first dates with the love of my life was to Blue Bali and therefore it has a special place in my heart. The atmosphere is gorgeous and very romantic. Unfortunately, on our last visit we were met with the most unbelievably rude and unprofessional staff. No exaggeration: our table was not checked on a single time throughout the evening. It took us sometimes more than 5 minutes to get a server to pay attention to us waving them over to our table- this continued even after I let the staff know that we had been waiting continuously throughout the evening for service. At the end of the night, after a long and frustrating wait to both pay the bill and get the card returned I asked for the manager. The staff told me the manager was out but would be back in about ten minutes. I told them I would wait. Finally, they sent a bus boy to talk to me as 'the manager' and when I asked for the name of the 'the manager' he gave me a random name which did not match the business cards for the manager placed on the bar counter. I am especially disappointed because the restaurant is sentimental and nostalgic to me, I really wanted to write it off as simply a one off bad night, but being flat out dishonest and refusing to let me speak with the manager was more than I can tolerate from a business. :( sad.

1 Thank RebeccaQuito
Robin G, Owner at Blue Bali, responded to this review, 25 February 2017
Dear Rebecca,
I was very sad to read your review especially when you had such fond memories from previous visits. As you know we value the spirit of service from our Baliphiles, they are trained to put the customers' needs first. Your feedback is particularly alarming and we will be doing a thorough investigation to find out what went wrong on your unfortunate visit to Bali. Please be so kind to email me (robin@ embarrassment.sg) with the details of your visit, the date and if possible the receipt so we can trace the server/s involved. I offer my personal apology for your unfortunate experience and embarrassment, sincerely Robin Greatbatch

Singapore, Singapore
“Romance in the Botanical Gardens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2017

If you're looking for a 'chill-out' place with cosy nooks, 'bed' seats for 2 & a beautiful ourdoor ambience, then Blue Bali is the place. It's a hidden gem on the other side of the Botanical gardens, & it's a rare find in Singapore. It has many different types of seating & an alfresco section - just great for a bite & drinks & especially to 'chill out' with friends. It's off the beaten track, but you can find it with GPS & I think there may be a shuttle from a nearby MRT.

Robin G, Owner at Blue Bali, responded to this review, 25 February 2017
Dear Donna,
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review of Blue Bali. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and had the chance to experience the feeling of Bali, right here in Singapore. It's relatively easy to find if you mention "inside the NUS Bukit Timah Campus" to the taxi driver. Hope to see you again with best wishes Robin Greatbatch
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location, delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2017

Beautiful location just on the edge of the Botanic Gardens. A lovely layout for the restaurant, you feel like you are somewhere really exotic. Their own brewed beers are really good (or so my husband tells me). My husband loves their beef rending, and I love their mongolian chicken. We take and of our friends/family who are visiting Singapore to this restaurant, and they all love it too.

• Visited November 2016
Robin G, Owner at Blue Bali, responded to this review, 18 February 2017
Hello Naomi!
Thank you so much for your continuing support of Blue Bali, we are very grateful for your enthusiastic review and for bring your fiends to experience the feeling of Bali!
Sincerely Robin Greatbatch
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exotic place !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2017

A nice atmosphere as if you were in Bali. But the service is not very efficient and really slow. And the food didn't meet my expectations....maybe I did the wrong choice. It remains a place to try for a dinner especially.

Robin G, Owner at Blue Bali, responded to this review, 20 February 2017
Hi Florence!
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Blue Bali. We are so happy you were able to experience the feeling of Bali right here in Singapore! We are very sorry for the inefficient service, our Baliphiles are actually renown for their heart of service and hopefully you will be able to experience that too! Our food is delightfully Asian, leaning heavily on our Indonesian and Balinese roots with Thai, North Indian and Chinese influences and just a touch of western panache. We have an extensive vegetarian menu too! Please tell your server what food experience you are looking for. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sincerely Robin Greatbatch
Singapore, Singapore
“As if you were in Bali”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2017

We love to come here with friends and family who are visiting Singapore and don't have the time to go to Bali. They can feel as if they were in Bali. The old black and white colonial house is charming and is facing the Botanic Gardens. The restaurant can accommodate a large group .The children love the Satay there. Great atmosphere.

• Visited August 2016