“Dismal service”

Ranked #514 of 11,489 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Balinese restaurant bar situated on the edge of Singapore's iconic World Heritage Botanic Gardens. Dining is in a cluster of Javanese Joglos (pavilions) and Lesehans (traditional) Balinese seating sitting on the floor with cushions. Other seating available, daybeds, low chairs and standard dining tables and chairs. The garden is very lush and adorned with Balinese carvings and statues. Ideal location for romantic dinners, groups of friends business dinners, meetings, corporate events and seminars (we have indoor seminar rooms) and weddings. The atmosphere is casual yet smart depending on the occasion. The natural environment coupled with the Balinese culture gives one the impression you are really in Bali, the Island of the Gods.
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Our first time at BB, great setting and looked really inviting. But the service was atrocious - 3x we asked for drinks each time the waiter walked away. The local brew beer looked good on the menu, but the flat, just over half filled glass of homebrew couldn't be finished. When it eventually came the food was pleasant but the starters and mains were delivered at once. So we won't be going back.

Robin G, Owner at Blue Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Hi Alan!
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your visit to Bali. I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment with regards to service and our Blue Bali beers. We do take feedback extremely seriously and I would be interested in communicating by email or by phone so we can get to the bottom of the service hiccup. As far as the beer is concerned we experienced a technical problem in the brewery, the chiller broke down and the being organic beer we have to store the beer below 4 deg. Failure to do this activated the yeast again and restarted the fermentation process causing instability and taste variance. We have sterilised the fermentors and are kegging new beers today. Again we apologise for this and we hope you will be persuaded to give us another try.
Robin Greatbatch
robin@bluebali.sg
9672 7356

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Good quality food, mix of Indonesia, Indian, and other Asian specialties. A bit more on the expensive side but still good value for money. Happy hour in the early evening, nice and strong cocktails and other drinks. Burning quite a lot of incense sticks to keep the mosquitos away. We ordered a great mix of different dishes and shared, all was very good.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

This place is very beautiful and the food is delicious, definitely a place I would take someone. But last time I was there, my food arrived 45 minutes late, so late in fact, that my friends had finished their main course before mine had even arrived. I told the staff and they gave me a lousy 5% discount on my meal which totalled to a deduction of $1.20. Not okay.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

This unique brewery has everything for a perfect date - amazing location, surrounded by greenery, chilled brewed beer, asian food, and good vibes.

The food is good, they have vegetarian options, portions are big.

Do try their beer, they even have pairings with the food.

Robin G, Owner at Blue Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Hi Vasudha!
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Blue Bali. Indeed many guests are attracted to Blue Bali because of its Balinese charm and very natural surroundings. They always say that the Balinese culture blends and unites precisely with the environment, We are glad you enjoyed the food too! We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely Robin Greatbatch

Reviewed 22 February 2017

One of my first dates with the love of my life was to Blue Bali and therefore it has a special place in my heart. The atmosphere is gorgeous and very romantic. Unfortunately, on our last visit we were met with the most unbelievably rude and unprofessional staff. No exaggeration: our table was not checked on a single time throughout the evening. It took us sometimes more than 5 minutes to get a server to pay attention to us waving them over to our table- this continued even after I let the staff know that we had been waiting continuously throughout the evening for service. At the end of the night, after a long and frustrating wait to both pay the bill and get the card returned I asked for the manager. The staff told me the manager was out but would be back in about ten minutes. I told them I would wait. Finally, they sent a bus boy to talk to me as 'the manager' and when I asked for the name of the 'the manager' he gave me a random name which did not match the business cards for the manager placed on the bar counter. I am especially disappointed because the restaurant is sentimental and nostalgic to me, I really wanted to write it off as simply a one off bad night, but being flat out dishonest and refusing to let me speak with the manager was more than I can tolerate from a business. :( sad.

1  Thank RebeccaQuito
Robin G, Owner at Blue Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Dear Rebecca,
I was very sad to read your review especially when you had such fond memories from previous visits. As you know we value the spirit of service from our Baliphiles, they are trained to put the customers' needs first. Your feedback is particularly alarming and we will be doing a thorough investigation to find out what went wrong on your unfortunate visit to Bali. Please be so kind to email me (robin@ embarrassment.sg) with the details of your visit, the date and if possible the receipt so we can trace the server/s involved. I offer my personal apology for your unfortunate experience and embarrassment, sincerely Robin Greatbatch