All reviews loft room little india boutique hotel swimming pool nespresso machine rooms are small enjoyed my stay ironing board plus point upon check mrt station cereal rochor disco staycation hairdryer asia
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2020

I booked my stay in this hotel through AGODA, but due to ongoing pandemic and lockdown I couldn't travel for my vacation, I tried lot of times to call even I sent mail but there was no reply from hotel. I know when I booked it was non-refundable but it was not my personal reason its a world wide issue due to which I couldn't travel but the management should have some kind of courtesy to reply back. I lost all my booking amount and on top of that I got mail from hotel management to write review on our stay in their hotel. I have decided and also informed my friends and fmily not to book thorough AGODA as well because they as well never supported me or gave any response for me requests. My friend also had very bad experience from AGODA.

Date of stay: April 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mandar Y
Reviewed 2 April 2020

When arriving we heard we were getting the loft room and were quite happy about it. Only thing we didn't realise was that the bed on the upper floor had an aircon blowing air right to the bed, we asked the staff if there was a way to turn up the temperature and they did everything they could but it still felt quite cold (we really didn't want to get a cold with all the Covid 19 measures in place). The other thing that could be better was the cleaning, it's not that the room was really dirty, you could just see built up dirt in small corners and hard to reach places. Maybe a deep clean once a year (or more) wouldn't be such a bad thing. Now for the good news, the hotel has a really nice feel and the staff does everything they can to help, they actually made up for the less good parts. Breakfast is next door (two buildings apart) and basicly is just toast with jam, if you don't expect a luxury breakfast and know that's all you get it's okay for a couple of days.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank snackhans
Reviewed 30 March 2020

Like I always emphasize, I am not a picky person, but this hotel really needs loads of improvement if it want to attract better guests and also to sustain its cliente.
The hardware is getting old, my room 103, has a funny smell upon entering, the aircon is not working and hot water is totally dead. Despite informing the reception and the cleaning lady ( I had to personally walk to them as the phone has no one picking up all the time) , the problem is not solved the entire time. The reception is empty always and you have to either get the cleaning lady or walk to The Great Madras to seek help. Level 2 swimming pool is really small and there are no shades or umbrellas, the courtyard is just a few sad metal chairs with tables. The pool area is full of pigeon poo because there are many of them flying around this area.
Breakfast is even more pathetic, starting only 7:30 by 9 there was nothing already. The staff simply sit there and chit chat and they could see the food finishing but cannot be bothered to go replenish. When you tell them to replenish, they gave an unhappy face. Generally the staff are not motivated and just do things for the sake of doing.
The only plus point about the Daulat is that the room is really much spacious that I would have thought and the toilets are huge. There are also ironing facilities and hair dryer. The bed is comfy and cosy and really good to sleep in.
If you are a budget traveller, I suggest you take the Great Madras instead, it seemed better, and lower price. Not very worth to spend your money here.

Room tip: If you really must stay, take the higher floors
Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank Elmolita
Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

I booked this hotel over a month ago, when making the booking I noticed after I had made the payment I selected the correct dates but the wrong month.
I contacted Agoda immediately and they said they will get a hold of the hotel to change the dates. Agoda informed new the hotel is not willing change my dates or cancel the booking. I am disgusted that they will just take people’s money like this.
It’s two loft rooms I booked.
Who does this to another human and none of their contact details are contactable, they won’t even respond to my many e mails. It is the correct e mail address because nothing pops back to tell me the e mail address is invalid.
Disgusting they way you treat future guests I will never recommend this hotel to anyone. I was planing to spend my birthday there and you guys ruined everything!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: February 2020
4  Thank gouwahh
Reviewed 24 February 2020

Checked into room after rude service by front desk only to have housekeeper enter room without announcing. Busy sign was switched on. No apology/explanation given and there were no management from the hotel nor from The Great Madras (both of the same hotel chain) to attend to any issue. Agoda managed an explanation from the hotel but couldn't do a refund as no physical item was taken from the room. Yes, Agoda was more concern over physical valuables than that of personal safety. Left within 2 hours of checking into a dirty hotel room with sticky surfaces (during the COVID-19 period with Singapore Dorscon Orange level), choked drainage that caused bathroom to flood during showers, questionable security with no refunds nor apology from the hotel (even upon writing in to their management). Side note: you get the Nespresso machine. Just not the coffee capsule. Extremely disappointed. Skip this hotel. And The Great Madras too.

By the way, attached email was send to me on 20th Feb, which is 6 days after the incident. The hotel simply did not reply. As for the wet tissue, it was the second cleaning of the table for room phone and television controller.

Date of stay: February 2020