“A great place to relax, with some good cheese and wine.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wine Connection Cheese Bar
Ranked #34 of 10,433 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: The Quays
Description: In a contemporary bright and cosy design, Wine Connection has turned its old “Deli” into a splendid Cheese Bar!Available for both take-away and dine-in, a selection of over 40 matured farm cheeses is air-flown from Europe twice a month.Not forgetting the core offer: Wine! Over 250 wines exclusively imported directly from vineyards around the world.
Hong Kong, China
“A great place to relax, with some good cheese and wine.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2017

I have been here a couple of times now in the past few weeks and I must say I totally enjoy the place. There are many different ways to select your cheese, but my favourite is to get a couple of cheese and meat selections. The cheese goes from the normal cheddar type, through the soft cheese up to a good selection of blue. Mind be careful as some are certainly smelly. Add to this the selection of wine from the shop / bar next door and your in for a great hour or more. Just one word of advice, it gets busy so get there early

• Visited February 2017
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WineConnectionSG, Manager at Wine Connection Cheese Bar, responded to this review, 20 February 2017
Hi Martyn K, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad you had a good experience at Wine Connection, especially our selection of cheese and cold cuts to accompany our large array of wines. Have a good day and we look forward to many more of your returns!

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great value wine and nice cheese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I visited twice in one day, for lunch and dinner. The wines were the cheapest that I'd seen at any restaurant in Singapore with good New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc ranging from $35- $40. This was less than half the price charged by other mid range restaurants.

The lunch range is good and reasonable with an average price of $19 and a daily special of $19 for a set lunch.

For dinner I tasted the excellent cheeses and this is something I would recommend if cheese is your thing.

The only slight negative is the average service which was the same for both of my visits. The staff are not welcoming, engaging or attentive enough to the customers. This dilutes the experience and is something which prevented a 5 star award from me.

Visited February 2017
WineConnectionSG, Manager at Wine Connection Cheese Bar, responded to this review, 16 February 2017
Hi jeremymoorman, thanks for your valuable feedback. We're delighted to know you enjoy our affordable wines and lunch menu. Great to hear you liked the cheese and would recommend it to other cheese lovers out there. However, our apologies on the average service you received on both occasions. We'll escalate your feedback to the management to ensure that our service improves. Thanks again for sharing your review, and hope to see you again!
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great little wine and cheese bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

This little wine bar has a huge collection of wines at exceptionally good prices. Many bottles starting around the S$30 mark (about £17) and terrific cheese list. We went for a bottle of Valpolicella Ripasso, excellent value at S$41.

House specialty is raclette - a type of melted cheese fondue. This was widely ordered and seemed to be going down well.

Joe and Fizz went for the cheese board, selecting 5 cheeses from an impressive list of European cheeses. All 5 of our selection were delicious. Nicely soft Brie de Meaux particularly worthy of praise.

Friendly and helpful service from Yumi.

We're going back tonight

Visited February 2017
WineConnectionSG, Manager at Wine Connection Cheese Bar, responded to this review, 13 February 2017
Thanks for sharing your review with us, Joe_and_Fizz. We're glad you like our large collection of wine bottles,and our prices. We're also pleased that you've recognised our Raclette house specialty, and thoroughly enjoyed a selection of our wine european cheeses, especially the Brie de Meaux. It's great to hear that our staff were friendly and attentive. We look forward to seeing you more often!
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Good visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2017

Popped in one afternoon for a quick glass as only round the corner from our hotel the have a good choice of wine with various prices also a great selection of cheese from all parts of the world a great visit

Visited December 2016
WineConnectionSG, Manager at Wine Connection Cheese Bar, responded to this review, 6 February 2017
Hi terry g, thanks for giving us your review and popping by for a wine. Glad you like our choice of wines and selection of cheese from all over the world. Thanks for recommending us, and hope to see you again!
“Great wine, bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Ordered a bottle of wine for myself. The wine itself was great. However, the service wasn't as good. But am I supposed to pour the wine to my own glass when the glass is empty? I don't think so. My glass was empty for quite a while, and there were staffs standing in front of me, or were walking pass me, but they didn't seem to care. It was around 15 minutes later when a staff coming from the other side of the outlet came to pour for me, instead of the staff standing in front of me. And another thing, although I didn't order any food, I didn't think that the staff there bother about hygiene. It is food and beverage, but the ladies staff there aren't tying their hair. What if their hair fliea to the food. Where is the hygiene level there.

Visited January 2017
WineConnectionSG, Manager at Wine Connection Cheese Bar, responded to this review, 17 January 2017
Hi Momofrav, thanks for giving us your honest feedback. We're glad you liked our wine, however, do accept our sincere apologies on the overall service received. We have taken into consideration your feedback about the hygiene and we will escalate this to our management. Rest assured this is not the standard of service we are known for, and we hope that this does not discourage you from visiting us again. You may email us at fbops@wineconnection.com should you have further feedback to share with us. Have a good day.