“Delicious Italian food”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Delicious Italian food”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The restaurant was a real treat we found in Singapore. Amazing food, nice atmosphere and great service. All dishes we had were great. Steak or fish or pâté or carpaccio. The cheese selection also looked amazing but unfortunately we hadn't left any room.

Can really recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or for food lovers. Not on the cheap side but worth it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CathrinB

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Italian food! Thumbs up!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My friends and I had decided to checkout Oca Grassa for lunch after hearing all the good reviews about Oca Grassa. This is an excellent place for good Italian food. Service is excellent, not forgetting the warm ambience!

We had cold cut platter and char-grilled octopus salad for starters. I loved the combination of textures between the octopus, mangoes, potatoes and lettuce. The octopus were char grilled to perfection and were oh-so-tender! This salad is simply DIVINE, Love it! If you love salad or you don't, you owe your taste buds this experience. You won't regret it!

Next is the chef recommendation char-grilled 1.2kg hunk of Florentine steak. It's a huge slab of juicy meat on the bone served sliced and sizzling on a red-hot disc of Himalayan salt. Is one of the best Steak Florentines I’ve had, the meat’s flavour was intense and done to perfected medium rare. It was awesome, definitely will come back for their steak!

Lastly we had their special panna cotta fruity desert. The smooth pink guava cream and icy pomegranate granite, and the surprising avocado pudding ends our awesome lunch. Is so refreshing!

Overall a delightful dining experience. Highly recommended. I'll definitely go back!

1 Thank joeylyy_mi
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Best birthday treat”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

A few friends of mine treated me to lunch at this quaint Italian restaurant. It was a surprise and I could not have enjoyed it more.
Our lunch started with a cold cut platter, just what you need to whet your appetite at an Italian restaurant.That was followed by the Atlantic octopus salad - cherry tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, mango, potatoes, and of course octopus in a lemon dressing making it an explosive combination of flavours and textures. But the highlight of our meal was the Florientine steak - all 1.2kgs of it!
Australian T-bone steak is cured in-house, grilled over Japenese charcoal, and served on a slab of Himalayan salt accompanied with a dish of buttery mashed potatoes. Almost rare, the meat is succulent and melts in your mouth. This dish is really worth going back for. Although we were quite stuffed, the desserts were too tempting not to order. We got the tiramisu and the avocado panna cotta with guava cream and pomegranate granita. These were light enough to be the finishing touch to the meal we just had.
The decor is minimalistic, keeping the focus firmly on the food. Staff is attentive. And the cozy atmosphere makes for a great dining experience - one that I would definitely relive soon.

1 Thank SmitaDe
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Great Italian fare!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

After hearing all the raves about Oca Grassa, i've finally had time to give it a try. To me, Italian food is the simplest yet hardest to master in terms of culinary. Not over-seasoned, yet flavorful.

So, here's the 3 dishes i tried.

The grilled octopus salad, fresh succulent pieces of octopus with a tinge of charred flavor tossed in a tantalizing mango dressing with fresh crisp greens and generous servings of avocado. This salad is beyond awesome. I highly recommend this for starters!

Next dish, i call it the beef cake. A ginormous serving of Florentine beefsteak cooking on a bed of himalayan sea salt. Apparently, the only seasoning the beef is getting is from the bed of sea salt. The meat was juicy, tender and flavorful even in the absence of other seasonings. This is indeed a show stopper.

Lastly, i had the seafood linguine. The dish was not too bad but paled in comparison to the two awesome dishes i had earlier. Though my friends thought it was delicious.

Nonetheless, the overall dining experience was great. Good food, nice ambience. I would recommend Oca grassa as a dinner date venue!

1 Thank WynsonH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SUMPTIOUS ITALIAN FOOD IN SINGAPORE”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The Food is one of the best I have tried in Singapore.Their BURRATINI CHEESE is so good. A must try. As I was in the rush hour lunch .The GAMBAS Linguine was served quickly and very tasty. Its perfect pasta cooked with much love. I rate the service excellence and the food is out of this world!.It is my favourite dining place to bring family and friends or dine alone. Highly recommended.

1 Thank KENFOOD