AMOY by Far East Hospitality
US$286
US$190
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$121
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$99
  • Pool
Mandarin Orchard Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$153
Official Site
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$102
US$111
US$84
1,373 results
All reviewstelok ayerchinese templedean and delucacomplimentary airportmrt stationwelcome drinkairport pickcomplimentary mini barclub streetbusiness districtsingle roomgreat boutiquetaxi rankshop housesunique hotelfree callsbars and restaurants
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

We made our first visit to Singapore on the way back to the UK from Australia. Right from the start this hotel made a great impression backed up by first class service. We were picked up, as arranged from the airport, and personally greeted at the hotel with a cocktail and swift immediate check in. Whilst the room was a little small, probably due to the fact that this is a converted Chinese temple and not a purpose built hotel, it was very comfortable, good linen and a firm mattress. The air conditioning was quite and efficient, shower was superb. The real gem about this hotel was the absolutely first class service from all members of staff, Lena was especially helpful. This hotel in interesting and in a great location surrounded by bars and restaurants, we will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
DouglasFernandez, Hotel Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear PRD1954,

Thank you for your wonderful review of AMOY Hotel Singapore and we are happy to learn that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us.

I am delighted to read of your genial welcome experience from the airport to the reception and sipping our refreshing Alluring AMOY welcome drink. We are also pleased that you took well to the aesthetics of the hotel which was converted from old shophouses. It is a joy to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of our bed as well as the warm and hospitable service extended by our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another positive experience with us soon. I am contactable via email at douglasfernandez@fareast.com.sg should you require assistance in directly booking your return stay.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Let me preface this by saying that the rating of a hotel often depends on the price they charge. This hotel was charging 5 star prices and provided only a 3 star experience.

Singapore is filled with same-same business hotels. This one stand out on tripadvisor as an unique Heritage stay.

The good parts:
- Free airport pick up.
- Easy service
- Nice bed
- Central location.

The bad parts:
- The price is ridiculous for the quality. I paid 350 AUD for a night, when the Mandarin Oriental was only charging $360, and the fullerton was charging $320 for the same night.
- The hotel isn't really heritage. It maintained a facade but the rest of the rooms are in an office block modern building.
- The service was just adequate. If someone is struggling with their luggage at the entrance, you'd expect the hotel to give you a hand. Nope, not this place, they just watch you struggle.
- The breakfast is very very poor in quality and quantity.
- The rooms were small and some of the designs didn't make sense. For example, there is a night light next to my head which you can't switch off. I had to cover it with my t-shirt. There is a small living area with a TV but there was no seating, just an empty space, which is so very strange.
- The room I had had a tiny window with no light, and a window I cannot open, which also faced a wall.
- The hotel had none of the other things you'd expect from a 5 star place, such as room-service, pool, gym etc. I would forgive all of that if this was truly a heritage hotel, but it's essentially a fancy hostel with a fancy facade.

If you some how get a room for under 250 dollars, then consider staying here for the location. Otherwise, it's a 3 star hotel charging 5 star prices with average service and no facilities.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tonymchen
Reviewed 10 November 2016

We were in Singapore for the weekend. It was our first trip. The AMOY has great reviews and we booked there based on them. We were not disappointed. First, the hotel offers a free car service to or from the airport. You can pick one or the other. We asked for an arrival pickup, as our flight come in at 7:30am. The driver was there and got us to the hotel in 30 minutes. Second, the hotel allowed us to check in early, 8:30am early, which was great after a very long flight. I'm sure this is only offered if your room is available for early check-in, but it was wonderful that they thought of it without our asking. Third, the staff are all very helpful. In fact when we asked about getting around the city, the desk clerk led us across the street to the metro and showed us how to get ticket and use the train to get around. Wow! The location is close to many of the sites and with the train so convenient to hotel, everything was within a short train ride away. Our room was very nice, clean and well stocked, including a frig with included drinks and water. Our stay at the AMOY made the rest of our trip to Singapore one of best weekend trips ever. Next time in Singapore, we will be staying at the AMOY.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Larry_D-CO
DouglasFernandez, Hotel Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Dear Larry_D-CO,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have extended our hospitality to you during your stay with us.

We are elated to have fulfilled your expectations on the basis of similar reviews describing the hotel as easily accessible to the train station and being close the local attractions. We are glad that you found our offerings worthwhile including the one way limousine transfer and minibar refreshments.

Our team would be most appreciative of your compliments for their hospitable service including making an exemption of extending a room for your early arrival as well as escorting you personally to the train station. I am sure they will be elated that they helped shape another positive.

We warmly welcome another opportunity of being of service to you once again. Please feel free to email me at douglasfernandez@fareast.com.sg should you require assistance in booking your next stay.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

My experience at the Hotel AMOY in SG was probably one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. From the moment of pick-up from the airport (car service had WIFI in the car!), I experienced customer service on an EPIC level. I recently had the opportunity to stay at the AMOY Hotel twice in August 2016 - three nights before my trip to Bali and one night after my trip from Bali. Each of the employees here made an effort to remember my name and make my stay comfortable in their own way.

This boutique hotel is run by a staff of 14 people - you would never know this by the level of service they deliver. Each employee voluntarily went above and beyond to fulfill any of my requests. From walking me to the MRT station, calling during rush hours to get me a taxis, making mad dashes to DTF to fulfill my dumpling craving before they close, to preparing a to-go warm breakfast box for me to take on my 6am flight back to the USA. Please keep in mind that everything mentioned in the previous sentence, was all offered and done voluntarily by the hotel employees. EPIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. These are only a couple of examples, of the things that occurred during both of my stays, that made for an outstanding experience at the AMOY.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE at the AMOY who made my stay comfortable & memorable - Syamim, Subra, Jasmine, Douglas, Lena, Ian, Sakun, & Ramis. I will definitely be back to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Cassandra G

Dear Cassandra G,

Thank you for your wonderful review of AMOY Hotel Singapore.

It is to our immense delight that you had an amazing stay with us on both occasions. It is always heart-warming whenever we read of how our guests raves glowingly about the team. I shall gladly pass on your appreciation to the associates that you kindly highlighted who have consistently exhibited their commitment in providing exemplary service to our guests.

We are most certainly looking forward to welcoming you once again in the not too distant future. Please do not hesitate to reach me at douglasfernandez@fareast.com.sg should you require assistance with your return visit.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

This hotel was faultless in our opinion it is virtually next door to the local MRT station so you can travel anywhere in Singapore for hardly any cost.
The hotel has been converted from a Chinese temple and they have made a fantastic job the rooms are modern and quite compact,but you do not spend time in them.you get a complementary mimi bar,and safe and also free phone calls to 5 different countries,the smartphone supplied can be taken out and used as a gps device.
You also get a free guided bus tour around Singapore
The service was outstanding and the staff helpful and attentive.I have read a recent review where somebody has described the staff as rude and disinterested.I think people who write sauce drivel are often the ones who are rude and disinteresteTHE STAFF AT THE AMOY WERE FANTASTIC AS WAS THE SERVICE
Would recommend to anybody and I would not hesitate to stay again

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JeffGraham_11

Dear JeffGraham_11,

Thank you for your wonderful review of AMOY Hotel Singapore.

We are delighted that you found value in our accommodation and the facilities and benefits including the Handy Smart phone, minibar refreshments and the hop on on and hop off tour were to your liking. Many guests have commented favourably the accessibility to the train station and we are pleased to know that you endorse it too.

I am grateful for your compliments and would be more than happy to pass on your appreciation to our team who have provided exemplary service during your stay.