“Excellent stay”

AMOY by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #3 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a great stay with Amoy. The staffs are very friendly. I had a small power issue in my room and they immediately fixed it and offered me a different room. Since they fixed it immediately i did not move to a new room. Since i experienced the issue they gave me a free bottle of wine with an apology :)
Amoy will be always my first preference.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Zul_Johar, Hotel Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear nomis4u,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay experience.

It is heartening to know that the team at AMOY Hotel delivers excellent service throughout your stay. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused during the power trip.

We trust that you will be returning to us in your future visit to Singapore. The team and I look forward to your revisit to AMOY Hotel.

"Every Journey is an Experience"

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed 13 November 2017

It's a cool hotel who's lobby seems to double as a pass through in a dining area of the CBD. The staff could not be friendlier upon arrival and I was able to access my room even though I was plenty early before check-in.

The room I had was on he smaller size, a single with a Chinese style bed. It was certainly efficiently laid out and space was maximized without feeling cluttered. The exposed brick wall continued the charm visible from the street and the lobby.

There was a safe in the room that could hold a laptop. There was no room service to test here, but breakfast is provided by a nearby establishment.

The shower was a trouble spot. When I showered prior to 7am, there were no problems. After 7am though, there was a bit of a wait for the hot water and it never really got too hot. Also, the water pressure was not the strongest, which was most noticeable with the handheld shower head.

I liked that everything in the minibar was free. But there is a 7-11 just a few minutes away if you need any specialty items.

Also, the internet was a bit slow. It's free, and doesn't require any credentials, but I found that it was not working as quickly as one would expect.

Upon checkout the staff was again extremely welcoming. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to be in the area, it is a good option. If you have lots of bags, I could see the stairs in the hallway to the room being annoying, but I'm sure they would help you.

Dear Azhkman,

Thank you for your detailed review.

Whilst I really appreciate the compliments on the hotel and the team, I do have to apologise for the few areas which may have caused inconvenience to you.

As we consistently seek feedback to improve, rest assured that your feedback on the water pressure, hot water and WiFi will be looked into immediately.

Please do contact me directly at zulkarnainjohar@fareast.com.sg for your future stay with us. I will be more than happy to assist you and address your concerns prior to your arrival.

Thank you and once again we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful, location is very convenient and environment is great for single or couples but not recomended for family with young kids due to room design with 4 steps staircase going to bedroom (not sure is only my room or all rooms are of similar design). Everything in the room is complimentary including the mini bar. You can charge your laptop / mobile device even put in the safe box! Great experience of stay.

Dear ql12017,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay.

We are glad that the inclusions like the Handy smartphone and mini bar refreshments served you well.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to AMOY Hotel in near future. For more information on our rooms, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Thank you and have a pleasant day!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The hotel staff are delightful and helpful. My room had construction and they changed me to another room without hesitation. The mini bar is a free for all, everything is included. The breakfast that is included is with an adjacent diner called Dean and Deluca which has fabulous breakfast. It's location in the financial district is great (M-F because it is dead on the weekends) and the metro stop across the street is a huge plus.

Then why not a strong 5? There was something missing. Noise proofing? Pool? Spacious rooms? no views? I can't put my finger on it. But I do not think it is a top 5 Singapore hotel. Especially when you have other luxury brands with not too far off in price range.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank rnevarez562
Zul_Johar, Hotel Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear rnevarez562,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

While we are glad to read your positive mentions in some areas, especially on our team members, location and breakfast, it is disheartening to know your stay was not up to expectations in some areas.

AMOY Hotel is distinguished as a boutique hotel and our rooms were converted from shop houses which needed to be built in a compact manner without compromising comfort to our guests.

We would like to thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and we will look into improving the areas mentioned in your review.

We hope to have another opportunity to hosting you again in near future. You can contact me via email at zulkarnainjohar@fareast.com.sg should you choost to revisit us.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I stayed here sadly for just just one night on my way back from Europe to Australia. After a long flight, I found this hotel to be bliss - very well appointed and in a lovely part of town. The staff were all utterly delightful, very friendly, warm and helpful. My room was incredibly comfortable, restful and calm, and also very nicely fitted out with lots of generous extra thoughtful touches. This hotel experience was a truly wonderful treat on my way home. I would love to come back and stay for longer next time I'm in Singapore.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear balmainlad,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

I am elated to read your compliments on the comfortable rooms, location and the warmth exude from the team.

It is also heartening to note that you would like to stay with us again in your next visit. I am more than happy to assist you personally on your reservation needs.

You can email me at zulkarnainjohar@fareast.com.sg for more information.

Have a wonderful week ahead!