1,470 results
All reviewstelok ayerchinese templedean and delucaairport pickupmrt stationwelcome drinkcomplimentary mini barclub streetgreat boutiquesingle roomtaxi rankbusiness districtshop housesfree callssmall hotelthe hotel staffdowntown line
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Everything about this hotel was first class. They arranged a free private car to pick me up from the airport, with the driver waiting for me at baggage claim holding a sign with my name on it. When I arrived at the hotel, the concierge was waiting on the street corner to help with my bags. At the front desk, I was greeted by friendly concierge staff who were waiting with a glass of fresh fruit juice cocktail and a warm cookie. I arrived at 8am, so they stored my bags, offered to arrange a hop on / hop off tour bus to keep me entertained for the morning, and then sent me a text message at 11am to let me know that my room was ready 3 hours early. The room itself was modern, clean and elegant, well air-conditioned, quiet, with a fridge stocked full of free water, juices, and beer. The shower took 1-2 minutes to warm up, which they concierge had warned me about ahead of time since the building is an old heritage building with old piping, but once the water became hot I had no issues. The following morning I was given a voucher for free breakfast/coffee at the adjoining coffee shop, including various choices of hot and cold entrees from a set menu, plus juice and coffee, again for free... all included in the price of the stay. The location is fantastic! Walking distance to tons of restaurants and shops, most of the main tourist attractions, Clarke Quay, the Colonial District, Chinatown, and the Marina Bay Sands, plus the Telok Ayer subway stop is right across the street. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel, and I would definitely recommend it to any friends/family who are visiting Singapore in the future.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank David C
Zul_Johar, Hotel Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear David C,

It is with such pleasure to read your detailed review on TripAdvisor and we thank you for sharing your experience on this platform.

I am glad that our team member impressed you and that is our service culture at AMOY by Far East Hospitality. Your compliments and mentions are truly appreciated, it will go a long way to motivate and drive us to deliver better.

We are indeed in a strategic location and accessible to many tourist attractions. With Telok Ayer MRT Station across the street, it makes it easier to travel to any parts of Singapore too.

The team and I are genuinely looking forward to your next stay with us. Do reach out to me at zulkarnainjohar@fareast.com.sg for your future booking or assistance.

Have a pleasant day!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is an excellent hotel, very recommendable to every traveler. No matter for service or facilities. If there is a chance, next time must go again.Ideal for first time travelers to Singapore, especially on the first night.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear aiakos1983,

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcome you to AMOY by Far East Hospitality once again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The AMOY is a fantastic place settled in an old temple! The location near the Chinese Town and the finan-cial district is convenient. BUT the BEST: We never had such an excellent service and hospitality, incl. a free breakfast (because we arrived already at 8 a.m.) and an additional room-service to become a re-freshment act before our return to the airport. The young people at the reception desk are doing a won-derful job. The security man even carried our luggage over the street into the opposite subway station till to the gate! Thank you very much. It was a great pleasure to stay in AMOY!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank MoniG224

Dear Moni G,

We are very delighted that our location, history and heritage of our building to your liking.

It is heartened to note that the staff in general provided excellent hospitality and I have shared your compliments with the team.

The team and I welcome another opportunity of being of service to you once again. For assistance in your future booking, please write to me at zulkarnainjohar@fareast.com.sg

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Such a cool hotel to stay in. The staff are LOVELY and the rooms are very comfortable, with such a cute view over the street outside with all it's fairy lights and bustling eateries. Amazingly quiet! I had no trouble with any sound at all from outside. There's no restaurant at the hotel (for room service and the like) BUT it's surrounded by cafes and restaurants and there's a 7-11 nearby if you just want snacks.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Steph B,

Thank you for your kind review of AMOY by Far East Hospitality.

We are pleased that our room is to your liking and the friendly services from the team left you with a memorable stay.

The team genuinely looks forward to your return visit and if I can be any assistance for your future booking, please email me directly at zulkarnainjohar@fareast.com.sg.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Before going to Singapore, I booked the AMOY purely based on seeing high ratings on various websites. So when we arrived with our suitcases to a lobby that was previously an old temple, and greeted with drinks and big smiles from the staff, we knew this was going to be special. Everyone working at the hotel is super nice and friendly, always going the extra mile to make sure you have everything you need. Small but cozy and upscale room. The shower had a wood slat floor and waterfall stream from the ceiling, which I found to be a nice touch, although if you're looking for a big spacious bathroom, this isn't for you. The small number of total rooms are located in a building attached to an indoor/outdoor upscale shopping area. Which is nice for access to restaurants and food, but also doesn't provide much separation from the hotel and the city. I was fine with it, and appreciated the location. Maybe the best feature was the free mobile phone in the room, which allowed for free local calls during our stay. How cool is that? So we never had to enable cell service on our normal phones, because the hotel mobile phone let us make calls, google maps, yelp, etc. Nice touch for people coming from far away.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear DJTinthemix,

Thank you for the wonderful review on your recent stay with us.

The team and I are really glad that you enjoyed the convenience of the location, friendly services and room amenities. It is also heartwarming to know that your overall stay was excellent.

We trust that you would pass on your great experience to your family and friends back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Singapore and being your hotel of choice.