“A group business lunch and service was a little slow”

The Bank Bar + Bistro
Ranked #2,794 of 11,475 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bank Bar & Bistro is a stylish contemporary bar and eatery located at the heart of CBD area. A perfect place for social or business gatherings.An all-in-one drinking & dining venue to the discerning business crowd. A beautifully designed seamless space that houses the bar and dining areas.The venue is ideal for corporate events.A private lounge can be reserved for business entertainment and discussions.An extensive menu offers international & western cuisine.Happy Hour from 11.00 am to 8.00 pm Monday - FridayHappy Hour all day on Saturday & Sunday
Reviewed 8 April 2017

We were 8 people and they sat us at a high table with bar stools (with back rests, luckily), but it could have been more comfortable. The menu was Western (salads, pasta, some mains). I had the fish and chips and they were good, but nothing special. It was a busy noontime, but the service could have been faster and they brought out the food at different times, so we ended up not eating together.

TheBankBarManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Bank Bar + Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Dear Mary T,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Unfortunately all our low table seating were already reserved prior to your group's reservation with us. As many guests would prefer the low tables, it is utmost important thing for us to check with the guest making the reservation if the high table is fine before confirming on it. We apologise that this could have been related better to your group.

Thank you!

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I've been to Bank a few times and previously my Favourite was always the chicken parmigiana. However to my surprise, they removed it off the menu. I could not imagine why...that was probably their best dish in my opinion.

Anyway, tried the pasta and it was very very average. I wouldn't return for the pasta for sure but if they brought the Parma back, that would be a totally different story...

TheBankBarManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Bank Bar + Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear Zefri_Alejandro,
Thank you for taking time to drop us your review and for supporting us. We're sorry to hear that your last visit with us was less than desirable and we will definitely use your comments as reference to enhance our menu for the next change.

Thank you and we look forward to having you back with us again!

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My cousin and I had lunch at TBB on a saturday a few week ago. We shared very nice and fresh ceasar salad and and steak & chips. The beer was good and the service was very quick and the price was reasonable. Will do again soon.

TheBankBarManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Bank Bar + Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Hi Hoa L,
Thank you for taking the time to drop us your kind compliments! We are exhilarated to receive such a positive review. We'll be sure to convey your compliments to our team. Thank you and we look forward to having you back with us for more scrumptious food!

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Came here for lunch this week with a friend. Food is reasonable. Service was fairly efficient, although a little chilly. Cute waitresses in tiny miniskirts. No reservation seems to be required for lunch.

TheBankBarManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Bank Bar + Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Hi KGB777,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and we hope your next visit with us will be a memorable one.

Thank you!

Reviewed 27 December 2016

Been to the Bank Bar for lunch a few times and during the most recent visit, I came to the realisation that the waiting staff don't really smile at all. They give the impression that it's a chore serving their customers. At times, I wonder why is the "culture" and attitude towards customers so different from one place to another. I've been to places who absolutely get it right and they make the customers feel warm and welcome. Don't get me wrong, I'm not referring to fine dining places but more the casual dining or cafe/ bar type places. While the food here ain't bad, 99 out of a 100 times I would choose to dine at a place where I feel more welcome.

Dear Zefri_Alejandro,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback; it's always through customer feedback that we are able to monitor and develop our service further. We'd like to take this opportunity to express our most sincere apologies for the shortfall in service you experienced with us. Providing a warm and welcome service to all guests is our top priority. We will definitely be increasing customer service training to our team members to provide a pleasant dining experience with us.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we hope to have you back for a memorable dining experience.