5 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.comUS$203
Expedia.comUS$266
FindHotelUS$276
1,971 results
All reviews tanjong pagar mrt station rooftop bar club room business trip room was spacious duty manager late check chinatown supermarket gym concierge tub laundry staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2022 via mobile

Great Stay!

Room was spacious and staff was pleasant. Came with my family as part of celebrating my wife's birthday. Although check in took longer than expected, could visibly see they were short staffed.

Loved the option of a baby pool, not many hotels offer this to guests, my baby had lots of fun in the pool! Breakfast spread could be improved but staff was always helpful and friendly which made up for it.

When it was our turn to check in the staff Andy was very helpful and patient in arranging amenities for my family. Next day he was also the one who checked us out. He has asked us how was our stay and we told him it was fantastic and thank you for making it better than expected!

Overall although this is not a 5 star hotel, the staff made it feel like it and would definitely return again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Carlton City Hotel SG, Guest Services / Front Office at Carlton City Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2022

Dear fizzgonz, from the Carlton City Team, here's wishing your wife a belated Happy Birthday! We are delighted to hear that you had an overall pleasant experience and sincerely thank you for your kind understanding of aspects of the stay that could have been improved, it's always heartwarming to receive reviews like yours. We are glad that you were well attended to by our staff during your stay and we'll relay your kind words to Andy as well. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2022

Amazing stay and all thanks to the team at carlton City! Special mention to Nicholas, assistant manager for guests services!

Will definitely come back again!!

Was given a great room that was also a smoking room.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carlton City Hotel SG, Guest Services / Front Office at Carlton City Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2022

Dear 522jeremyb, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Carlton City Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were well attended to by Nicholas. Rest assured that your kind words will be relayed to him! We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 6 August 2022

Great stay in the Carlton city hotel , reception was lovely chatting with me
Reception staff yeo was warm and friendly informing me about the hotel facilities during checking in. The room was nice and clean with clean air con air , the pool and gym was alright nothing special. The club lounge was great had a nice spreed during breakfast and nicholas the manager of the lounge was kind enough to get my special eggs I’ve requested. Cocktails hour was lovely as well. Looking forward returning to carlton on December, thank you carlton city team!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carlton City Hotel SG, Guest Services / Front Office at Carlton City Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2022

Dear Heize1310, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are extremely delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us, and were well attended to by Yeo at the reception and Nicholas at the Club Lounge, your compliments will definitely be relayed to them. We are also glad that you found our rooms comfortable and the food at Club Lounge satisfactory. We are excited to welcome you again in December! See you then!

Reviewed 3 August 2022

The club room with big bathtub and nice view and the concierge guy is so nice was so helpful for helping us store our cake. However my partner need to work on next day early morning and we double checked the breakfast time at club lounge was 7am. When we reach there 7.15am, glass door was locked and nobody there. We went down to check with front counter reception, the staff named Andy told us [the staff on duty was no uniform so he need to take uniform from laundry]. He was pretty defensive and tone was not pleasant when I repeat his sentences. Anyway he did suggest us to take our breakfast at lv2 but my birthday mood also spoiled by him. I back to lounge to having my breakfast on 8am, the staff was just sitting on the chair near the entrance and watching his phone video until I left the lounge at 9.30am. We need to clean our plate after we eat. I mean, you’re Carlton 5 star branded Hotel, so we expected nothing less. I will never recommend my friends to stay here.

This is my birthday staycation which already mentioned in the email before i arrived. I'm fine that carlton city hotel not prepare any cake or wish for welcome me but they gave me bad birthday memory.

Room tip: Luxury in the room, other not at all including club lounge
Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 28 July 2022 via mobile

Not exactly a 5 stars hotel but definitely a top tier business hotel. We have an early check in and late check out, coupled with a cosy room so nothing to complain about. The rooftop lounge was a great place to chill out with a beer and have dinner.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Carlton City Hotel SG, Guest Services / Front Office at Carlton City Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2022

Dear trvkaki, thank you for choosing to stay with Carlton City Hotel and taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and resonate with our identity as an upscale business hotel. We are also glad that you enjoyed the benefits of your stay and had a great unwinding time at the club lounge! We look forward to seeing you again at Carlton City Hotel!