“Loving the reggae vibes”
Review of Lime House

Lime House
Reserve with Chope
Lime House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #933 of 12,207 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Set in a heritage four-storey shop house in Chinatown’s Keong Siak belt, Lime House introduced the Caribbean concept of “liming”, which means hanging out with friends. Inspired by all things Caribbean, Lime House puts you at ease as you tuck into a delicious menu full of both fine-dining and traditional Caribbean dishes, from Mini Beef Patties and Caribbean Fish Cakes to Baby Back Ribs and the famous Jamaican Jerk Chicken. The “welcome home” philosophy is at the core of the Lime House Experience, soak up in the laid-back vibes and enjoy the company, great music, quality rum and our authentic Caribbean food.
Reviewed 2 December 2016

When my boyfriend told me we were going to Lime House (a resto on our Surviving Chic dining membership card) I had no idea what to expect, but I loved it from the moment we stepped in to the sounds of Bob Marley and the Wailers playing in the background. The menu offered many exciting dishes that sadly were sold out! Crab dumplings, Baby back ribs and the steak will have to be tried next time. We had the sweet potato appetizer with avocado and tomato - loved it! Fried plantains were also great for me. I have a bit of a sweet tooth. I really wanted to try the fig ice cream with cake dessert that I saw all the other tables getting but we were so full after our chicken skewers (super tender, juicy and flavorful) and curry goat with rice (excellent choice if you can handle the robust flavor of this strong meat). Overall definitely coming back for more. Great friendly service too! I changed tables 3 times to get the perfect seating and lighting and the staff didn't seem bothered at all :)

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Ate at the venue just last friday with 2 friends who flew over for the weekends. Honestly, we had pretty high expectations of this place given the raving reviews online but the food we had were disappointing.

We ordered Jerk Chicken, Baby Back Ribs, Blue Mountain Steak and Granny's Stew and appetizers to share. The appetizers were alittle dry, and the mains are rather salty. The ribs weren't as tender as we hoped it be, it was hard. And the Blue Mountain Steak was pretty burnt and my friend who loves steak didn't finish it.

We feedback to the waitress on the steak as it was not really palatable, however the reply we got was the steak is like that as its placed on a hot bbq plate. Yes, we are aware some steak get a little burnt from the hot bbq plate but the amount of burnt on the steak that we got was tad too much.

We aren't expecting fine dining standards given that it is a casual dining restaurant, but for the price we paid and the food that had been served to us, we could have gone elsewhere for easily half the price with better food standards.

1  Thank autumn84s
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Nice little place in the happening part of China town that is full of lots of other bars. The food here is very nice and reminds me of places in Barbados. The jerk chicken here is a must have - the chicken is wonderful and tastes authentic. The chef (from Barbados) brings out the best in the ingredients. There is a bar here as well as a rum bar upstairs. Defiantly worth coming

Reviewed 12 November 2016

I love the interior and set up of the place, it also has a great and cosy bar upstairs! We had the goat curry and the calpseo fish, I would recommend sharing it as it might be too much for one person to finish the whole dish by themselves due to the strong flavours!

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

It's a famous Caribbean Restaurant in Singapore and it's very homely and welcoming place for a casual dinner with family and friends and really a nice place to Hang-out and the food was excellent very tasty and yummy one must visit this place for hang-out.