“Come here for inventive mixology and cool vibe”
Review of Nektar

Nektar
Ranked #63 of 141 Nightlife in Singapore
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What an awesome, super chill place! My friend brought me here for a girls' night out and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. The mixologists are knowledgeable and super approachable! If you can't decide on a drink from their extensive menu, the mixologist will ask what flavors you enjoy and will give recommendations or create a totally new drink for you. My champagne cocktail (I forgot the name) was really delicious.

It was too crowded even though it was a weekend night and personally, I liked it. The vibe is very cool yet comfortable. It doesn't hurt that the bartender is good-looking too. I will definitely return to try more of their yummy drinks!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Nektar Bar is a premium cocktail bar nestled in a lovely Colonial-style house along Scotts Road, offering an intimate, romantic and tranquil setting away from the hustle-bustle of city, a hidden gem that became my love-at-first-visit drinking place literally. It is named after the intoxicating drink that sustained the beauty and immortality of the Greco-Roman gods.

One could choose to sit indoors around the bar counter and watch the Mixologist at work, tossing and mixing his cocktails in a soothing, air-conditioned setting.

Or one could head outside where alfresco seating is located. I have been here several times, each time choosing to sit close to nature, surrounded by the plants and overlooking the skies (and Moon) overhead. The thoughtfully-planted spotlights and candlelights give the place a further aura of enchantment, like a tiny fairy groove.

The Beau and I both had Bar Chef Specials (SGD$28.00 each), meaning, drinks specially concocted by the Mixologist himself.

For him, it was a drink comprising of Gin with tropical fruits such as Lychee, Passionfruit, Pineapple etc - with a tinge of lemon sourness. The dash of gin was generous, and the refreshing drink was rather to our delight.

For me, my drink comprised of Gin, Grapes, Sake etc and had a fizzy feel to it. I would not say that it did not taste nice, because under other circumstances I might have liked this drink. The tiny umbrella was cute, and the sweet, bubbly drink was strong in alcoholic content, so I enjoyed the heady swoon.

For more detailed information and photos, please feel free to visit:

Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is a very smart , relaxing chill venue. The bar man is the perfect host, a little bit of a
Showman but great for the job. You can sit where the mixing of cocktail action is or in a small sitting area where you could talk with friends. This is definitely not where you would take young people or children as the attraction is the bar and all the exotic mixes of fruit and alcohol that you could want. It is a small discreet place in Scott's Road and as the information on the business card says it is a place for aperitif,mixology ,digestif. Try the chocolate martini.