7 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$185
PricelineUS$185
TravelocityUS$185
2,965 results
All reviews clarke quay short stay the breakfast area walking distance nice pool room size mrt station chinatown gym taxis laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2022 via mobile

I stayed there for a night on 9th April 2022. Standard room (queen size bed). The room although was adequate in size for 1-2 travellers, there was good utilisation of space. Did not feel cramped in.

The bathroom was a bit confined in space but had all amenities. Very surprised and thankful to see Dove products for shampoo, body wash and hand wash. That was a winner for me.

The bed was comfortable with soft sheets. The pillows were appropriately marked as soft and hard. The moment I hit the bed, I was fast asleep and slept for 8 hours straight! The combo of being tired from my flight and having comfy bed did the trick. Woke up refreshed.

Breakfast - my favourite part of the day. It's complimentary breakfast buffet but you cannot "help yourself", thanks to thr pandemic. The waiting ladies did a fantastic job. Humble, caring, polite and attention to detail. A big shout out to the entire breakfast team on 10th April 2022. Could not have asked for a more pleasant experience.

Since I had checked in late at night around 11pm, the reception honoured my request to check out late at 2pm. The check-in was hassel free and check-out was even quicker.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank radscape
Reviewed 8 April 2022 via mobile

This was an excellent hotel, staff extremely friendly, service is great and very efficient. Location is perfect walk to all bars and restos. Pool area is well maintained and gym is very good for a quick workout.
I stayed for 2 weeks and my room was alway cleaned.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2022 via mobile

Was a little unsure after booking as I’ve previously stayed at the 4+ star hotels in Singapore with work. That said the hotel has blown us away! Location is fab for wandering to Clark Quay for a huge selection of eating and drinking venues.

The rooms are immaculately clean and the bed, THE BED! So so comfortable with the nicest pillows of any hotel I’ve stayed in - we ( one couple and one friend in two double rooms) have slept really well.

The pool is fabulous and has lovely areas with umbrellas and lounges - the photos online do not do it justice.

The breakfast ( and in particular the breakfast staff) was great, nothing fancy but good plentiful fare included in the price and the coffees were lovely and plentiful.

Overall a brilliant experience - the staff couldn’t’ have been more helpful from printing out tickets they helped us book for Gardens By the Bay to hailing taxis and sorting out internet hiccups.

A true gem and we all agreed we would stay here again.

Room tip: I’m an IHG member so was upgraded to a higher floor with city views - also get 15% off bar drinks. 2nd floor has an ice machine and laundry
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2022 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Centrally located, important sights, restaurants within walking distance. Fantastic staff. The breakfast team is amazing. Serene remembers which coffee or tea the guests prefer. Rooms are spacious spotlessly clean

Room tip: Book the pool every day! All the staff makes you feel at home.
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 904stephans
Reviewed 13 February 2022

Checkin was smooth with short waiting time. Receptionist Yujin was friendly & pleasant. The location is superb, only 10 mins walk to reach Clarke Quay. Was nice to explore the surroundings. Unfortunately the bakery was closed in the hotel thus less choice of dining.

Had a late coffee at the lobby and assisted by a young gentleman at the reception at about 10pm. He extended a 15% discount to me for being a IHG member for my latte. Thanks.

The hotel is generous on the shower amenities by using Dove products. I had difficulties in managing the switch between the rain shower and hand shower. Eventually all went well.

The next morning, we had the breakfast express which is complimentary. Breakfast spread was great considering the pandemic period. All F&B servers are friendly and Tiffany was great in her service approach. She assisted me in preparing cappuccino.

I noticed there was a Caucasian lady crew named Nex who only greeted foreign guests twice during my observation. No interaction or greeting was extended to local guests. I find this unacceptable as service should be universal and standardised. And NEVER based on nationality or race. IHG management to look into this matter.

Overall the stay was great as this was my second experience with this hotel. And glad to be a member of IHG.

Room tip: Choose near the lifts if you are lazy to walk
Date of stay: February 2022
Sandra Kloprogge, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2022

Dear SimonTMK,

Thank you for taking time to write us a positive review based on your recent stay experience at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay!

We are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic night stay and especially enjoyed the warm hospitality extended by the team. Your compliments for Yujin, Tiffany and the breakfast team will be celebrated with them in creating a memorable guest experience.

As for your feedback with regards to the team member that made you feel that there was a difference in service standards will be definitely looked into and we would like to assure you that this is definitely not the standard that we pride ourselves upon here at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay by giving the same level of service to all guest.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your experience. We definitely look forward in welcoming you back in the near future!

Warmest Regards,