All reviewsaljunied mrt stationrecommend hotelten minute walkair conhotel room isbottled waterbooked this hotelinternet connectionpublic transportprostitutionkettledryertoothpastecomfortconvenience
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

The brothels and night life scene adds to the uniqueness of the location. The plus points - clean room, affordable price and good size for singapore standard, easy access to mode of transports, eateries and night chill out to local cafe is really an interesting place to stay!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2017

My arrival was unforgettable. I came in and said: “Sir, I have a booking, I have a passport and I have money” The man with glasses said: “don't start to worry about money, everything is paid already”. Laughter at the reception ! Later I'd have very serious talking with the same man; about war and peace, tourism and writing. I'll never forget that gentleman.

Safety box at the reception, with double key.
My room 0321 was more than ok:Large enough for me and my luggage. Comfy bed, TV and super Asian style bathroom. Bathroom very small indeed. There even was a desk with a chair. Bottled water, a kettle and 3/1 coffee. Daily roomcleaning whch I refused, I also don't clean my house daily!

Red light district? Yes of course, but no danger at all. And from incoming guests also no noise to be heard in my room. The only noise came from the cleaning squad, too early in the morning. I stayed five nights and when I left, also my wallet was happy...Cheap hotel! Nice people. Good location.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel through the site and when we arrived only knew what it was..the hotel is very good for travellers who seek less expensive but high in comfort.. it is located in a most convinient location to travel either in metro or bus..very courteous staff and very accomodative..we recommend hotel 81 who seek budget hotel but high in comfort..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank GTLV
CustomerCare_Putri, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 81 - Geylang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear GTLV,

Greetings from Hotel 81 Geylang. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed our accommodation and hospitality. We do look forward to welcome you again.

With regards,
Customer Care Manager

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I would not stay here again if you paid me. We got stuck in Singapore for the night due to flight issues and opted for a cheap hotel as we were only going to be sleeping for a few hours. This hotel is in the middle of the red light district so you can not escape the filthy women and gross men - who are also using this hotel! The room was tiny and dirty and the shared ventilation meant that our room was full of cigarette smoke from the other guests smoking inside their rooms. I have Nothing nice to say about this place. Spend the extra $50 and stay somewhere that isn't so horrendous.

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank karac220
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days. It's very safe and quiet hotel. Since most of the restaurants and convenient stores open 24 hours, you can go out and buy stuffs whenver you want. The street is more crowded in night time than day time. I didn't know it was red light district until one local girl told me about it. I would not mind staying at this hotel even if I'm traveling with family. I did not see a single thing that's inappropriate for anyone.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank PRADEEP S
CustomerCare_Putri, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 81 - Geylang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear PRADEEP S,

Thank you for writing us a review on your recent stay/experience with Hotel 81 Geylang. We are looking forward to welcome you back! Cheers!