All reviews room tidy aljunied mrt station quiet hotel recommend hotel ten minute walk air con hotel room is nice place to stay bottled water booked this hotel internet connection public transport stayed for nights lorong kettle dryer hangers
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Nobody's going to say this is a luxury hotel, but for the price it was good. Room was clean and quiet, bathroom was fine. WiFi was excellent, better than many much more expensive hotels. Staff friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

The brothels and night life scene adds to the uniqueness of the location. The plus points - clean room, affordable price and good size for singapore standard, easy access to mode of transports, eateries and night chill out to local cafe is really an interesting place to stay!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2017

My arrival was unforgettable. I came in and said: “Sir, I have a booking, I have a passport and I have money” The man with glasses said: “don't start to worry about money, everything is paid already”. Laughter at the reception ! Later I'd have very serious talking with the same man; about war and peace, tourism and writing. I'll never forget that gentleman.

Safety box at the reception, with double key.
My room 0321 was more than ok:Large enough for me and my luggage. Comfy bed, TV and super Asian style bathroom. Bathroom very small indeed. There even was a desk with a chair. Bottled water, a kettle and 3/1 coffee. Daily roomcleaning whch I refused, I also don't clean my house daily!

Red light district? Yes of course, but no danger at all. And from incoming guests also no noise to be heard in my room. The only noise came from the cleaning squad, too early in the morning. I stayed five nights and when I left, also my wallet was happy...Cheap hotel! Nice people. Good location.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I would not stay here again if you paid me. We got stuck in Singapore for the night due to flight issues and opted for a cheap hotel as we were only going to be sleeping for a few hours. This hotel is in the middle of the red light district so you can not escape the filthy women and gross men - who are also using this hotel! The room was tiny and dirty and the shared ventilation meant that our room was full of cigarette smoke from the other guests smoking inside their rooms. I have Nothing nice to say about this place. Spend the extra $50 and stay somewhere that isn't so horrendous.

Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank karac220
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days. It's very safe and quiet hotel. Since most of the restaurants and convenient stores open 24 hours, you can go out and buy stuffs whenver you want. The street is more crowded in night time than day time. I didn't know it was red light district until one local girl told me about it. I would not mind staying at this hotel even if I'm traveling with family. I did not see a single thing that's inappropriate for anyone.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank PRADEEP S
CustomerCare_Putri, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 81 - Geylang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear PRADEEP S,

Thank you for writing us a review on your recent stay/experience with Hotel 81 Geylang. We are looking forward to welcome you back! Cheers!