Hotel 81 - Geylang
US$264
US$190
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
Mandarin Orchard Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$153
Official Site
  • Pool
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$121
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$528
US$313
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$83
US$113
getaroom.com
  • Pool
All reviewsroom tidyaljunied mrt stationrecommend hotelquiet hotelcomplimentary bottled waterair conwifi is freeeating optionshotel room ismini fridgebooked this hotellocal foodpublic transportbus stoplorongprostitutionhairdryer
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Nobody's going to say this is a luxury hotel, but for the price it was good. Room was clean and quiet, bathroom was fine. WiFi was excellent, better than many much more expensive hotels. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

The brothels and night life scene adds to the uniqueness of the location. The plus points - clean room, affordable price and good size for singapore standard, easy access to mode of transports, eateries and night chill out to local cafe is really an interesting place to stay!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2017

My arrival was unforgettable. I came in and said: “Sir, I have a booking, I have a passport and I have money” The man with glasses said: “don't start to worry about money, everything is paid already”. Laughter at the reception ! Later I'd have very serious talking with the same man; about war and peace, tourism and writing. I'll never forget that gentleman.

Safety box at the reception, with double key.
My room 0321 was more than ok:Large enough for me and my luggage. Comfy bed, TV and super Asian style bathroom. Bathroom very small indeed. There even was a desk with a chair. Bottled water, a kettle and 3/1 coffee. Daily roomcleaning whch I refused, I also don't clean my house daily!

Red light district? Yes of course, but no danger at all. And from incoming guests also no noise to be heard in my room. The only noise came from the cleaning squad, too early in the morning. I stayed five nights and when I left, also my wallet was happy...Cheap hotel! Nice people. Good location.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel through the site and when we arrived only knew what it was..the hotel is very good for travellers who seek less expensive but high in comfort.. it is located in a most convinient location to travel either in metro or bus..very courteous staff and very accomodative..we recommend hotel 81 who seek budget hotel but high in comfort..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank GTLV
CustomerCare_Putri, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 81 - Geylang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear GTLV,

Greetings from Hotel 81 Geylang. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed our accommodation and hospitality. We do look forward to welcome you again.

With regards,
Customer Care Manager

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I would not stay here again if you paid me. We got stuck in Singapore for the night due to flight issues and opted for a cheap hotel as we were only going to be sleeping for a few hours. This hotel is in the middle of the red light district so you can not escape the filthy women and gross men - who are also using this hotel! The room was tiny and dirty and the shared ventilation meant that our room was full of cigarette smoke from the other guests smoking inside their rooms. I have Nothing nice to say about this place. Spend the extra $50 and stay somewhere that isn't so horrendous.

Stayed: September 2017